[bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 11/26/2012 04:04 PM CST
Skills:

Holy Magic: 314 29% clear (0/34) Attunement: 332 00% clear (0/34)
Arcana: 319 04% clear (0/34) Targeted Magic: 147 34% clear (0/34)
Augmentation: 281 65% clear (0/34) Debilitation: 249 57% clear (0/34)
Utility: 234 66% clear (0/34) Warding: 218 92% clear (0/34)
Sorcery: 18 32% clear (0/34) Theurgy: 190 67% clear (0/34)

OM cast with a fresh Meraud orb at 25 mana:

You graze your fingertips over the surface of the cerulean orb, feeling the cold aura emanating from it.

You sense that the orb is dormant, fully depleted of power. You perceive a slight tugging sensation, and realize that it is receptive to magical energy.
The pervasiveness of the sensation evokes the image of a pond in your mind's eye.
The strength of the sensation evokes the image of a pile of cold ashes.

Spells that would go into OM:

PFE, MPP, MAPP, Centering, Halo, Soul Shield, DR, Auspice, GG, SOL, Benediction.

Spells that wouldn't go into OM:

Bless, SAP, ritual spells.

Messaging for Bless: Nothing seems to happen.
Messaging for SAP: CAST [person] <option> (using TOUCH in place of CAST doesn't fix this)
Messaging for ritual spells w/ foci: You strain, but are too mentally fatigued to finish the pattern, and it slips away.

Duration:

I stuffed every spell that would go into OM (all those listed above) at 40 mana (which is around my personal cap for them all). Next I charged the orb fully (until World Dragon's maw). I let the orb drain down to 'blazing torch,' then I constantly focused it until it dropped to the next level. With every spell in it at 40 mana, it lasted 10 minutes. Next I charged the orb completely and let it run until completely empty. It lasted 18 minutes.

Throughout all of this I kept checking my experience and this was the highest range achieved:

Holy Magic: 314 13% thoughtful (4/34) Attunement: 331 86% thoughtful (4/34)
Arcana: 318 83% considering (6/34) Appraisal: 211 68% perusing (2/34)

Bugs:

Other than the spells that wouldn't go into the orb, I only found two major issues with the orb. Spell duration/consistency and recharging the orb.

Here's a focus on the orb with all spells woven into it, and then a list of all my running buffs:

You graze your fingertips over the surface of the cerulean orb, feeling the crackling energy coursing through your hands.

The orb resonates with a cache of holy mana. You perceive a slight tugging sensation, and realize that it is receptive to magical energy.
The pervasiveness of the sensation evokes the image of a pond in your mind's eye.
The strength of the sensation evokes the image of a blazing torch.
You sense the Minor Physical Protection spell woven into the magical matrix of the orb.
You sense the Centering spell woven into the magical matrix of the orb.
You sense the Halo spell woven into the magical matrix of the orb.
You sense the Soul Shield spell woven into the magical matrix of the orb.
You sense the Protection from Evil spell woven into the magical matrix of the orb.
You sense the Divine Radiance spell woven into the magical matrix of the orb.

You reach out with your senses and see shining (13/21) streams of golden Holy mana radiating through the area.
Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is lambent (12/21) mana to the north.
You sense the Minor Physical Protection spell upon you, which is linked to your Osrel Meraud orb.
You sense the Centering spell upon you, which is linked to your Osrel Meraud orb.
You sense the Halo spell upon you, which is linked to your Osrel Meraud orb.
You sense the Auspice spell bolstering your spirit, which should last for at least an hour.
You sense the Glythtide's Gift spell upon you, which will last for about eight thousand three hundred seven roisaen.
You sense the Soul Shield spell upon you, which is linked to your Osrel Meraud orb.
You sense the Shield of Light spell upon you, which will last for about eight thousand three hundred three roisaen.
You sense your Osrel Meraud spell linking you to a brilliant orb of rippling cerulean light, which should last until you release it.
You sense the Protection from Evil spell upon you, which is linked to your Osrel Meraud orb.
You sense the Divine Radiance spell upon you, which is linked to your Osrel Meraud orb.
You sense the Benediction spell upon you, which will last for about eight thousand two hundred eighty-seven roisaen.
You sense the Major Physical Protection spell upon you, which will last for about eight thousand two hundred ninety-three roisaen.

Also, when the orb is completely depleted and the buffs fade, only the buffs within the orb drop. All the buffs that have goofy durations remain on me.

You reach out with your senses and see shining (13/21) streams of golden Holy mana radiating through the area.
Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is lambent (12/21) mana to the north.
You sense your Osrel Meraud spell linking you to a brilliant orb of rippling cerulean light, which should last until you release it.
You sense the Auspice spell bolstering your spirit, which should last for at least an hour.
You sense the Glythtide's Gift spell upon you, which will last for about eight thousand two hundred fifty-two roisaen.
You sense the Shield of Light spell upon you, which will last for about eight thousand two hundred forty-eight roisaen.
You sense the Benediction spell upon you, which will last for about eight thousand two hundred thirty-two roisaen.
You sense the Major Physical Protection spell upon you, which will last for about eight thousand two hundred thirty-eight roisaen.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Charging/Recharging the orb:

When I let the orb drop down to the edge of tall burning candle/blazing torch, I attempted to recharge it in two ways - infusion and straight recast of OM. Both were done with 20 mana each. It took 6 infusions to get the orb back to full. However, 6 casts of OM did nothing. In fact, I lost another mana level. Finally, when I let the orb completely run out of mana and then attempted to put more spells back in, it wouldn't work. The orb let me recharge it up to World Dragon's maw, but wouldn't accept any spells. I had to release the orb and start with a fresh one.

Overall:

It seems scaling of orb size has changed compared to Prime. Given the duration with all spells at my ranks, it would be interesting to see how it would work for mid and high level characters. The only concern I have here is that the spells that are appearing with goofy durations might not be woven into the orb and my durations might change once that gets fixed. Experience for all that I did with the orb seems a bit off when compared with mana and roundtime invested. I'll do some more testing here in a bit.
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 12/02/2012 11:18 PM CST
Ok, I think I've fixed most of the issues listed in the OP.

Bless - will now fit in OM.
SAP - Gonna have to think of a way to handle this one. Touch doesn't work well with extra parameters. So still not working.
Ritual spells - Intended. They don't work.

Drain rates haven't been changed, but I did modify skill required to put spells into the orb. Putting every spell that is OM worthy will be reserved for some seriously high ranks. I've looked at the numbers for a lot of different combinations of spells at differing ranks, and it looks fair to me, but I'd love feedback on it.

Exp has not changed.

Each spell that wasn't showing up properly 'in' the orb has been fixed, unless I missed any. This has the added benefit of letting them end properly when the orb runs out of mana.

The recharging issues should be fixed as well.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate