Bards and scrolls 01/19/2013 01:53 AM CST

What, if any, bonus do Bards have with spell scrolls? From what it looks like, we lost our bonus to using them and would need to buy the feat. Can we possibly get the feats free like the other guilds get a few since it was a defining thing to the Bard guild? Having to purchase the memory and theorist feats seems unappealing to me. Another possible change could be to the feat for Bards, permanent learning of spells from Elemental magic (WMs) since we use that mana type or to level 1 spells of other guilds, even at a higher slot cost.

A lot to hope for but I'm currently watching half my scroll collection turn to dust in Test. :(
Re: Bards and scrolls 01/19/2013 02:03 AM CST
>>Can we possibly get the feats free like the other guilds get a few

You get Raw Channeling as your freebie. Magic Secondary only get one free feat. And you have I believe the only Sorcery boosting spell IG currently. I cant imagine they will ever allow perma learning of another guilds spells though.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: Bards and scrolls 01/19/2013 02:25 AM CST
> What, if any, bonus do Bards have with spell scrolls?

One of the few Sorcery boosters in the game and the ability to use Sorcery for circling.

Concerning free feats, we already get one for free (Raw Channeling). Since it looks like Raw Channeling is a feat practically everyone's going to want, we effectively get a free spell-slot, which could be spent on one of the scroll feats.

Perma-learning another guild's spells isn't going to happen.