Abandoned Heart and training 01/18/2013 01:26 PM CST
Playing around with more spells here in test, I've been testing various things against a character that's about 10 circles higher than me (~160 vs 150). I'm able to get a partial success for Abandoned Heart - it drops their stamina to about 50%, debuffs their discipline, but no spirit damage or other debuffs. However, I'm learning nothing:

> exp debil

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate fraction
Debilitation: 721 66.72% clear (0/34)

Is this due to my only partial success? I've had this going for a couple minutes now as I'm writing this, and still no training. Is my debilitation skill too high to learn from this particular player as an opponent? And what decides that, if that's the case?

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: Abandoned Heart and training 01/18/2013 01:35 PM CST
> I'm able to get a partial success for Abandoned Heart - it drops their stamina to about 50%, debuffs their discipline, but no spirit damage or other debuffs.

Keep in mind ABH is actually two attacks. It's a contested debilitation attack, and also a TM attack. Sounds like you're succeeding on the former and missing on the latter.

> Is my debilitation skill too high to learn from this particular player as an opponent?

I don't think you can learn any skill from attacking players.