Example conversion? 01/18/2013 01:15 PM CST

Can someone post or message me an example of the conversion to 3.0 showing what happens to the old skills, stats, enchantes and grandfathering? I am in the middle of moving and have my tablet right now but cannot currently play my Bard.

Thanks!
Re: Example conversion? 01/18/2013 01:57 PM CST
Sure, I'll post what I look like in 3.0 (warning, this will get long).

My stats have stayed the same, but because of the various skill combinations, I've gone into negative TDPs.

Strength70Reflex97
Agility81Charisma81
Discipline81Wisdom97
Intelligence98Stamina61
TDPs-386

I'll earn those tdps back slowly by ranking skills, but if I wanted to, I could hit "respec". This will return my stats to racial mins and give me back all the tdps for them:

Strength8Reflex12
Agility10Charisma10
Discipline10Wisdom12
Intelligence12Stamina6
TDPs76879

Obviously this character is an Eloth. Now I have 76879 tdps to spend, and also stat training doesn't cost coin for 24 hours after using respec. When I did this my burden shot way up since I lost all that strength and stamina, so don't do this anywhere dangerous or that requires climbing.

Here's what my skills look like in 3.0. Note that I didn't have to do anything to make this conversion happen; it was automatic when I logged in the first time.

Shield Usage 633 42 Light Armor 621 42
Chain Armor 129 Brigandine 125
Plate Armor 114 Defending 635
Parry Ability 661 Small Edged 288
Large Edged 295Twohanded Edged 289
Small Blunt 260 Large Blunt 252
Twohanded Blunt 251 Slings 258
Bow 257 Crossbow 253
Staves 251 Polearms 289
Light Thrown 590Heavy Thrown 251
Brawling 711Offhand Weapon 288
Melee Mastery 481Missile Mastery 419
Elemental Magic1196 Attunement1194
Arcana 857Targeted Magic 519
Augmentation1076Debilitation 956
Utility 897 Warding 837
Sorcery 0 Evasion 638
Athletics 519 Perception 591
Stealth 536Locksmithing 170
Thievery 116 First Aid 305
Outdoorsmanship 533 Skinning 633
Forging 0 Engineering 0
Outfitting 0 Alchemy 0
Enchanting 0 Scholarship 966
Mechanical Lore 977 Appraisal1110
Performance1368 Tactics 791
Bardic Lore1348

An important point: in 2.0, I only have 667 ranks of Brawling. But my Brawling was automatically grandfathered for my circle, since it's my primary weapon, which is why I now have 711.

When I logged in the first time, I got this message:
> You sense a strong fluctuation in the flow of magic, and quickly realize that everything you once knew has changed... All your spells are gone!

That was all my 2.0 enchantes being erased. If I type "spell" now, here's what I see:

You recall the spells you have learned from your training.

In the chapter entitled "Fae Arts", you have notes on the Aether Wolves [aew] and Blessing of the Fae [botf], and Eye of Kertigen [eok], and Glythtide's Joy [gj], and Nexus, and Sanctuary spells.

In the chapter entitled "Emotion Control", you have notes on the Albreda's Balm [alb] and Abandoned Heart [abh], and Rage of the Clans [rotc], and Whispers of the Muse [wm], and Faenella's Grace [fae], and Misdirection [mis], and Redeemer's Pride [repr] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Sound Manipulation", you have notes on the Demrris' Resolve [der] and Drums of the Snake [dots], and Ellie's Cry [elc], and Harmony, and Hodierna's Lilt [hodi], and Naming of Tears [not], and Resonance spells.

In the chapter entitled "Elemental Invocations", you have notes on the Breath of Storms [bos] and Caress of the Sun [care], and Desert Maelstrom [dema], and Phoenix's Pyre [pyre], and Echoes of Aether [echo], and Words of the Wind [word], and Soul Ablaze [soul], and Will of Winter [will] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Analogous Patterns", you have notes on the Ease Burden [ease] and Strange Arrow [stra], and Lay Ward [lw], and Manifest Force [maf], and Dispel, and Imbue, and Seal Cambrinth [sec], and Burden spells.

Currently all 3.0 spells are on global preview, so I know all of them. Eventually I'll have to pick the ones I want.

Anything else you'd like to see?
Re: Example conversion? 01/18/2013 02:02 PM CST
> Shield Usage 633 42 Light Armor 621 42

Should have been:

Shield Usage633Light Armor621

Re: Example conversion? 01/18/2013 02:52 PM CST
Is there an easy way to tell how many spell slots you are going to have in 3.0? I didn't record it on my last test wipe the other day and want to finalize my slot planning for Saturday.
Re: Example conversion? 01/18/2013 02:56 PM CST
> Is there an easy way to tell how many spell slots you are going to have in 3.0?

The rate is listed here: http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Magic_3.0#Costs

Basically you get one per circle for your first 20 circles, then one every other circle until 100, then one every 3 circles until 150, then one every 10 circles until 200.
Re: Example conversion? 01/18/2013 02:59 PM CST
type SPELL. it will tell you how many:

example: <my bard platside>

<after it lists all the bard spells>

You recall proficiency with the magic feats of Cautious Casting, Raw Channeling and Magic Theorist.

You have 30 spell slots available.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: Example conversion? 01/18/2013 03:19 PM CST

Ok, so can you explain what old skills turn into in 3.0 like where the Augmentation and other skills came from and what became of the instrument skills that I have overstrained for current reqs? I'm just wondering if I'll lose the higher skills I had trained in Winds and such for the minimum grandfathered ranks coming out.
Re: Example conversion? 01/18/2013 03:29 PM CST
http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Skills_3.0
Re: Example conversion? 01/18/2013 03:35 PM CST
> Ok, so can you explain what old skills turn into in 3.0 like where the Augmentation and other skills came from

It's all detailed here: http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Skills_3.0&oldid=183523#List_of_3.0_Skills

There might be a few details wrong for some of the derived skills, but it's almost entirely right.

> and what became of the instrument skills that I have overstrained for current reqs?

Some of it will become Performing. All the ranks that are left over after that will go into your lore bonus pool.

> I'm just wondering if I'll lose the higher skills I had trained in Winds and such for the minimum grandfathered ranks coming out.

Grandfathering will never lower your skills.
Re: Example conversion? 01/18/2013 04:49 PM CST
Great, thanks for that! I had no idea either of those existed :)