Hodierna's Lilt 01/18/2013 12:34 PM CST
I just wanted to see what others thought of the current state of Hodierna's Lilt. I realize that it wasn't about to be doing the wonders that I was capable of in 2.0 due to changes in combat mechanics and the importance of vitality, but I'm currently feeling rather underwhelmed by it. I was attempting to keep an empath with some bleeders alive while he tended them, but my capped HODI was giving 3-4% vitality when it pulsed and I ended up with a bloody empath puddle in the end. Is that about what others are seeing? Is its niche now going to be a cyclic for fighting when taking very small vitality hits?

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: Hodierna's Lilt 01/18/2013 12:48 PM CST
I was pretty underwhelmed with Hodierna's Lilt with high skill.

It's great at restoring fatigue, but vitality and spirit regen from it is pretty 'meh'.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Hodierna's Lilt 01/18/2013 12:48 PM CST
I haven't found any use for it, yet. I'll grab it as a prereq for ABH, but I don't see myself getting much mileage out of it.
Re: Hodierna's Lilt 01/18/2013 01:01 PM CST
I'm mainly afraid that I'm going to be stuck spending a valuable spell slot on it just to get ABH and then letting it sit in the dustbin.

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: Hodierna's Lilt 01/18/2013 01:25 PM CST
> I'm mainly afraid that I'm going to be stuck spending a valuable spell slot on it just to get ABH and then letting it sit in the dustbin.

I know I said I would grab it for ABH, but now I'm considering just using Pyre as my TM of choice. Since I'm planning on getting Will and Dema anyway, I'll have the prereqs.

Or maybe I'll hold out for Madmen.
Re: Hodierna's Lilt 01/18/2013 02:23 PM CST
>>It's great at restoring fatigue, but vitality and spirit regen from it is pretty 'meh'.

I like the fatigue regen a TON, and while the vitality regen isn't going to save you when you're in great danger it's great at helping you stay above the 90% vit threshold that prevents physical damage.

For reference I'm running it at 12-14 mana.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).