Voice Throw 01/16/2013 12:54 AM CST
I just wanted to make sure that the voice throw learning mechanics (talking to the right person, etc) will work in 3.0. My bard is somewhere in the voice-throw-learning-range; but since the actual requirements are extremely fuzzy, it'll be hard to tell if I can't learn it because I don't have enough experience, or if I can't learn it because the system is looking at the wrong skill.

Also, if you'd like to take this time to post what the skill/stat requirements are, that's be greaaat. :)

Failing that, please just check that it's been updated to look at the right skills.
Re: Voice Throw 01/16/2013 01:39 AM CST
>Also, if you'd like to take this time to post what the skill/stat requirements are, that's be greaaat. :)

"JUST TELL US THE REQS OR THE TOAD GETS IT!" <glance Raesh>

GENT
Re: Voice Throw 01/16/2013 01:59 AM CST
The toad can get it.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Voice Throw 01/16/2013 04:28 AM CST
my platside bard got the first one at 40th circle with 30 charisma, 180 performance. However, he can't teach it to a thief, whereas elanthipedia says he should be able to with 30 charisma and sufficient teaching.

Now, since in 3.0 teaching turned into scholarship, I'd like to make sure the teaching thief thing is looking at the right skill <scholarship> and is not still looking for teaching skill. <character has 180 scholarship>.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: Voice Throw 01/16/2013 04:59 AM CST
I think in 3.0 all Voice Throws are supposed to be opened up for both Bards and Thieves? Is this still on the table?

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Voice Throw 01/16/2013 05:36 AM CST
I thought that was going to be implemented after 3.0, when some of the other bard abilities <the ones running on bardic lore> are out - and that we're still running on the old system for now.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: Voice Throw 01/16/2013 08:21 AM CST
>>I thought that was going to be implemented after 3.0, when some of the other bard abilities <the ones running on bardic lore> are out - and that we're still running on the old system for now.

Yepp! Mostly I'm just curious if this is still the intention -- I'm not expecting it to happen before Saturday. Heck, I'm not expecting anything between now and Saturday to be honest :P

There will be enough time to get things out once 3.0 is shipped and out the door.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Voice Throw 01/16/2013 10:33 AM CST
> The toad can get it.
> -Raesh

http://imgur.com/wyYOP
Re: Voice Throw 01/16/2013 10:44 AM CST
>>I think in 3.0 all Voice Throws are supposed to be opened up for both Bards and Thieves? Is this still on the table?

Yup.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose