Evoke EXP 01/15/2013 11:57 PM CST
I just rewrote the Evoke EXP mechanics (again).

Most of it is general exp curving issues that shouldn't be terribly interesting to people - but the important changes are these:

1) The exp timer is now an hour. That's once per hour you can learn from any evoke. Period.
2) I turned exp back up (a lot).
3) You'll now get notably less exp for failed attempts.

Please note, in the long term Evoke is not meant as the backbone of your training - it's meant as a utility to convey information and lore and the training is a perk. However, currently, Bardic Lore is in a bad place and this offers a supplement until other systems can come online. At that time the exp will be nerfed (though I might relax the timer too).

The goal is to avoid a situation where the ideal way to train Bardic Lore is to sit there looking at the same evoke over and over and over, but at the same time there are so few evokes currently that I don't want people to feel chained to one of them if they wish to learn the skill. It's an awkward balance and feedback is welcome on if I've got it right yet.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose