DISCERN SOUL 01/15/2013 03:29 PM CST
Not sure if this is a bug or just something still incomplete. I was reading up on new spells via DISCERN in test and this was all I got for SOUL:

R> discern soul

The Soul Ablaze spell must be woven with at least 150 mana streams, and can contain up to 700.

You think you could weave at least 239 mana streams into this spell.
Roundtime: 9 seconds.

Compared to the full explanations for the other spells.

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: DISCERN SOUL 01/15/2013 03:39 PM CST
I think you might be failing an arcana check?

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: DISCERN SOUL 01/15/2013 03:40 PM CST
How much information you get back is based on your Arcana versus the difficulty of the spell you're discerning :)

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: DISCERN SOUL 01/15/2013 03:48 PM CST
I've got 460 arcana, so I dunno. Maybe I am?

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: DISCERN SOUL 01/15/2013 04:31 PM CST
>>I've got 460 arcana, so I dunno. Maybe I am?

You are. At mid 500s in arcana Im still failing the checks on several of my MM spells. If you keep doing it over and over eventually youll get lucky and get the messaging... or at least I have been.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
DISCERN bug? 01/15/2013 05:33 PM CST
I looked but couldn't see anyone who mentioned this...I just noticed it using the DISCERN verb.

> discern not

The Naming of Tears spell must be woven with at least 15 mana streams, and can contain up to 100.

You are unable to determine how mana streams of mana you can weave into this spell.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

"mana streams of mana..." cannot be correct?
Re: DISCERN bug? 01/15/2013 05:36 PM CST
>>"mana streams of mana..." cannot be correct?

Should probably be 'many streams of mana' to represent the following full sentence: You are unable to determine how many streams of mana you can weave into this spell.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: DISCERN bug? 01/15/2013 06:22 PM CST
Despite this not being a Bard typo I fixed it anyhow.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: DISCERN bug? 01/15/2013 08:21 PM CST
by the way, Discern is working as a verb now platside, but not actually working with any spells.

if you type Discern:

discern

DISCERN allows you to learn more information about spell that you know. To use this verb, you must DISCERN {SPELL}. Depending on your Arcana skill, you will discern information about how the spell works, as well as the amount of mana that you can put into the spell.

This ability only works on spells that you are able to cast, including spells that you have memorized as scrolls.

however:

discern aether wolves

discern aew

didn't give ANY information. no response at all

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: DISCERN bug? 01/15/2013 11:19 PM CST
Sorry Raesh, I wasn't sure if it was that specific spell, or if it was everything doing that...until I saw it on other spells, after I posted. :) Thanks!