wierd exp gain 01/15/2013 10:48 AM CST

this is related to 3.0:

was practicing my harp in plat, in a private home, all by myself, not being taught, when i gained a minisucle rank of shield. I had already had all exp from combat yesterday drained, and i wasn't in combat prior to this point. ALl i was doing is playing my harp and i had Fae grace going.

Shield Usage: 109 69% dabbling
went to

Shield Usage: 109 70% claar.

I tuned my harp, recalled my harp, assessed and appraised my harp, i've never had any of these actions teach shield.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: wierd exp gain 01/15/2013 10:52 AM CST
>I tuned my harp, recalled my harp, assessed and appraised my harp, i've never had any of these actions teach shield.

It's from the recall. I just duplicated it with my harp.

R>exp shie

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate fraction
Shield Usage: 142 31.31% clear (0/34)

>recall my harp
>
You furrow your brow and gaze down at the lap harp, but can't seem to recall anything of note.
[Roundtime: 4 seconds.]
Roundtime: 2 sec.
R>exp shie

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate fraction
Shield Usage: 142 31.31% dabbling (1/34)
Re: wierd exp gain 01/15/2013 11:00 AM CST
And I just got another weird bug.

When I played my harp:

>play serenade
>
You attempt to evoke memories of the past, but nothing seems to have left a strong enough imprint on Turul.
>
You fumble slightly as you begin a quiet serenade on your lap harp.

I can't replicate this one, though.
Re: wierd exp gain 01/15/2013 11:03 AM CST
I've gotten that one periodically when practicing an instrument as well. But I just figured that had to do with recall not being done yet. which was the answer i got from the gms when i posted about the double RTs.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: wierd exp gain 01/15/2013 11:30 AM CST
>play serenade
>
You attempt to evoke memories of the past, but nothing seems to have left a strong enough imprint on Turul.

.... hokay. That is, in fact, weird.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose