Eye of Kertigen 01/13/2013 01:01 AM CST
Hey, could someone look at Eye of Kertigen please? I don't think it's doing what it's supposed to.

I have 971 ranks in Perception. I just tested with Ricinus and when he set his hiding to 1100 ranks I got this messaging:

An aura of light shines around you, pulsing in tune with your song.
A strange shadow flickers in the magical light, but it is gone before you can focus on it.

It wasn't until he set his hiding to 900 ranks when I got this messaging:

An aura of light shines around you, pulsing in tune with your song.
The magical light briefly illuminates Ricinus, giving away his position.

Even after getting this messaging the song didn't actually reveal him from hiding. It didn't even give me spot effect so that I could POINT him out of hiding. Again, for this exercise I was sitting at 971 ranks in Perception.

So now I'm curious -- What is this spell supposed to be doing?

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Eye of Kertigen 01/13/2013 08:56 AM CST
Looks like it should give a passive spot effect.

I'm no expert in passive spot but I'm assuming you wouldn't really see a bonus to your actual ability to search somebody out of hiding. I think passive spot is geared more towards getting a spot on somebody without the need to search them out.
Re: Eye of Kertigen 01/13/2013 09:49 AM CST
It would be sweet if it did something like contest a Magic vs Reflex against anyone who advances/attacks the Bard from in hiding/invisible, and if the Bard wins it reveals and stuns the person(like Dazzle) before they get the attack off.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Eye of Kertigen 01/14/2013 02:45 AM CST
>>It would be sweet if it did something like contest a Magic vs Reflex against anyone who advances/attacks the Bard from in hiding/invisible, and if the Bard wins it reveals and stuns the person(like Dazzle) before they get the attack off.

I had suggested something similar in the past. I think passive spot is considered a huge perk as-is, and they don't want to devalue stealth or perception skill checks.