Some Discern oddities 01/10/2013 01:54 AM CST
From Discern Pyre, with Will up:

> This spell uses relies on your targeted magic ability, but it cannot be targeted. This spell does cold and cold damage. It affects yourself, other adventurers, hostile creatures, and some objects.

Three things. First is the "uses relies" bit, which should probably just be one of those. Second is "cold and cold damage". Third is that I don't believe it affects the bard.

From Discern ABH:

> This spell uses relies on your targeted magic ability, but it cannot be targeted. This spell does cold and impact damage. It affects yourself, other adventurers, hostile creatures, and some objects. It requires a minimum of fifteen mana streams, and can expand to a maximum of sixty mana streams woven into it.

So we've got the same "uses relies" thing and the "affects yourself" thing. Also, cold and impact damage? Does spirit damage get damage types like that?

From Discern BOS:

> By the time you have mastered this spell, you will be ranked as a genius in your abilties as a caster.

> You think you could weave at most 100 mana streams into this spell.

The second line is correct; I can put 100 mana into it, which is cap. The problem is that I'm not a genius in TM. I've only got 520, while genius is 600-700.
Re: Some Discern oddities 01/10/2013 02:01 AM CST
More from Pyre:

> By the time you have mastered this spell, you will be ranked as a venerated savant in your abilties as a caster.

> You think you could weave at most 15 mana streams into this spell.

I can cap it now (under the new mana levels; couldn't under the old) and I'm nowhere near 750. So both those lines are wrong.

I'm not sure if these are Bard issues or Discern issues. Should I be posting in the general magic folder?
Re: Some Discern oddities 01/10/2013 02:09 AM CST
From Discern Dema:

> This is a non-battle spell that can be cast on an area or group. Non-battle spells have significantly longer preparation times than battle spells.

Dema has a 10 second prep time, which is inline with a battle spell.
Re: Some Discern oddities 01/10/2013 09:28 AM CST
Yeah, while some of the numbers or settings may be off on Bard spells most of those look like more general discern bugs - so I'd start there before we look at specific spells.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose