DEMA Cast Messaging Gone? 01/06/2013 12:58 AM CST
Did Desert's Maelstrom ever have cast messaging? I thought it did, but I'm not seeing it in test now. By cast messaging, I mean the messaging that's supposed to be between the "You gesture." and the "Roundtime: 3 seconds".

> prep dema 1000
* Moving inexpertly, a Dragon Priest assassin claws at you. You barely block with a forearm-sized aegis crafted with metal-edged scales.
[You're winded, solidly balanced with opponent in very strong position.]
>
Since you're attempting to feed more power into the spell pattern than it is capable of utilizing, you quickly work your way down to its maximal potential.

You trace a curving sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Desert Maelstrom spell.
> per
You reach out with your senses and hear flaring streams (18/21) of harmonious Elemental mana coursing through the area.
Concentrating harder on the sounds you hear, you can sense lambent mana (12/21) to the northwest, and flaring mana (18/21) to the northeast.
You sense the Drums of the Snake spell upon you, which will last for about thirty-five roisaen.
You sense the Harmony spell upon you, which will last for about thirteen roisaen.
You sense the Will of Winter spell upon you, which will last for about eighty roisaen.
You are preparing the Desert Maelstrom spell at twenty mana.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
You feel fully rested.

A ton of combat messaging.

You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>
* Apparently without direction or thought, a Dragon Priest assassin fires a crossbow bolt at you. You evade, bending aside easily.
The crossbow bolt hits a wall and falls to the floor!
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]

>
* Moving in like a timid schoolboy, a Dragon Priest assassin claws at you. You partially block with a forearm-sized aegis crafted with metal-edged scales.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in strong position.]
>
You notice a Dragon Priest assassin as it stealthily closes to melee range on you.
You point at a Dragon Priest assassin, ruining its attempt to advance unnoticed.

> cast

>
You gesture.

Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
You shift with the force of the gusting storm of sound, leaning into the wind at just the right moment.
A flowing, almost lyrical quality enters your voice as you begin the verse of your sibilant enchante, allowing you the ease of skipping from one phrase to the next like the step of a light-footed S'Kra Mur running across the desert's sands.
The Dragon Priest assassin spins around quickly, appearing to lose track of its surroundings in the swirling miasma of sound.
The Dragon Priest assassin spins around quickly, appearing to lose track of its surroundings in the swirling miasma of sound.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: DEMA Cast Messaging Gone? 01/06/2013 06:03 AM CST
It should. I haven't made any updates to the spell yet - I'll add this to the pile.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose