Forms 3.0 prep 01/19/2013 10:25 AM CST
Going back through the list... Trying to decide which forms NOT to get.

1. Buffalo is an easy one for me personally as a tog with high strength and stamina

2. Badger? Is that just SvS still? I'd probably not get this either as a tog with high strength and stamina anyway. I haven't tested badger a ton, anyone have thoughts on this form?

I think in terms of Forms I'm going to get all the others.

Favorite Forms while grinding/hunting would be

Piranha, Monkey and Dragon/Eagle

- Buuwl
Re: Forms 3.0 prep 01/19/2013 10:35 AM CST
>>2. Badger? Is that just SvS still? I'd probably not get this either as a tog with high strength and stamina anyway. I haven't tested badger a ton, anyone have thoughts on this form?

I've been unable to determine how well it works, but since it helps against more than one thing (Fortitude and Fear) I just assumed it's not a major boost. I think it requires a lot of pre-reqs so it shouldn't be too bad.

I do know there's a messaging error with Badger. Whenever it's contested it says it ends but when you check with Med Power it's still running.

I'm personally thinking of not picking up Swan or Serenity since they aren't as effective when not capped. Otherwise, I get the feeling our stat boosting abilities (Monkey, Bear, and Tornado Berserk) tend to help defend against specific stat contests better than our actual anti-magic abilities.

So maybe a combination of Bear, Monkey, Tornado, and Turtle would be better off than something like Badger, Bastion, and Turtle. Lots and lots of testing to be done, and of course the beauty of it all is that we have so many potential combinations that it will take some thought and creativity during each battle.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Forms 3.0 prep 01/19/2013 10:45 AM CST
Its gonna be fun Vin, maybe even more fun than laying down in the barbarian guild getting GM warnings ;-)

- Buuwl
Re: Forms 3.0 prep 01/19/2013 10:48 AM CST
Are the anti-magic forms significant for much of anything other than PvP? I'm planning on skipping them until I've got pretty much everything else I'd like, is that going to cripple my barblette?

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Forms 3.0 prep 01/19/2013 10:50 AM CST
All abilities scale and have reduced effects when not capped. Outright fizzling a spell just because the mage didn't put 1 more mana into it is very nice...

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Forms 3.0 prep 01/19/2013 10:52 AM CST
I imagine most boss lairs, bosses and their minions will employ various forms of magic. Then you have invasions and quests where magic is likely to be encountered.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Forms 3.0 prep 01/19/2013 10:55 AM CST
>>Are the anti-magic forms significant for much of anything other than PvP? I'm planning on skipping them until I've got pretty much everything else I'd like, is that going to cripple my barblette?<<

I would probably skip the anti-magic stuff if your not going to PVP. I can't see a ton of reasons to use them in the hunting areas as they are currently constituted. Obviously there may be some people who fight more magic stuff, but the broader more basic and well tread critter ladder would certainly not need anti-magic abilities.

I plan on skipping all the anti-magic stuff with my lower circle barbarian. I also plan on skipping the perception boosters and stuff like slash shadows roar with that barbarian too. I think at the lower levels you want skills and choices that will make hunting easier, since that is probably what you will be doing 95% of the time.

- Buuwl
Re: Forms 3.0 prep 01/19/2013 10:56 AM CST
<<I imagine most boss lairs, bosses and their minions will employ various forms of magic. >>

Now that might change my mind.
- Buuwl
Re: Forms 3.0 prep 01/19/2013 11:48 AM CST
>>Are the anti-magic forms significant for much of anything other than PvP? I'm planning on skipping them until I've got pretty much everything else I'd like, is that going to cripple my barblette?

As the others mentioned, boss critters and so forth will use magic. Also, you'll want something to train your warding skill. The Tenacity Meditation is capable but it doesn't seem to last long and it saps quite a bit of Inner Fire compared to the Bastion Meditation.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Forms 3.0 prep 01/19/2013 12:03 PM CST
You could use Bear and/or Swan for warding though right?

- Buuwl
Re: Forms 3.0 prep 01/19/2013 01:19 PM CST
From my testing Bear doesn't train warding, but Swan does. However forms don't train our supernatural skills nearly well as berserks and meditations.

-GM Abasha
Re: Forms 3.0 prep 01/19/2013 01:36 PM CST
Yeah, Forms pulse and are intended to suppliment/stack with other abilities. Unlike mages you won't easily mind lock just using one ability.

Bear gives a strength and warding boost. It does not teach warding.