Berserk Tsunami 01/05/2013 08:33 PM CST
Berserk Tsunami doesn't work if you aren't holding a melee weapon in hand, yet it still saps Inner Fire upon activation. Is this intended?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>-|

You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.
>berserk tsunam
The incredible power of the Tsunami requires a melee weapon to focus your rage into!
>med power
You begin to meditate upon the chakrel amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
Symbolic representations of your inner fire manipulations begin to form.
The threads of control maintaining your focus, rage and calm are now clearly visible.
The burning symbols indicate no abilities are currently affecting you.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>- - - - - - -|

You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.
>berserk stop
Maybe try berserking first?

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Berserk Tsunami 01/05/2013 09:04 PM CST
Another post on Tsunami... is there a way this can be adjusted to work well for thrown weapons? It pulses every now and then, and if the thrown weapon isn't in your hand when it pulses it loses its stats, and you gotta hope it's in your hand again before it pulses again or it'll stay without those boosted stats, etc...

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Berserk Tsunami 01/05/2013 10:36 PM CST
I know of no good ways to have Tsunami work better due to the game engine. Perhaps I could extend the pulse time to 30 seconds if I detect the weapon being modified is a throwing weapon... granted, this means if you change weapons it will take longer for the new weapon to get the buff. Would that work?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Berserk Tsunami 01/05/2013 11:51 PM CST
>>I know of no good ways to have Tsunami work better due to the game engine. Perhaps I could extend the pulse time to 30 seconds if I detect the weapon being modified is a throwing weapon... granted, this means if you change weapons it will take longer for the new weapon to get the buff. Would that work?

Usually I'm never holding my thrown weapon. The RT takes place after the throw, so it's extremely unlikely that Tsunami will pulse when I grab it. Throw, pause, pause, get weapon, throw.

I think Tsunami was supposed to be a held weapon boost anyway, so maybe it shouldn't be ruined just for throwns.

-GM Abasha
Re: Berserk Tsunami 01/06/2013 12:02 AM CST
>>I know of no good ways to have Tsunami work better due to the game engine. Perhaps I could extend the pulse time to 30 seconds if I detect the weapon being modified is a throwing weapon... granted, this means if you change weapons it will take longer for the new weapon to get the buff. Would that work?

Can you have it pulse at 30 seconds, with a way to shortcut it? Like FOCUS <weapon> to prematurely trigger it?

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance