A few things on the warrior mage gripe list on the elanthipedia page 01/17/2014 09:51 PM CST
http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Magic_comments#Warrior_Mage

Can we get a little look-see?

Thanks!

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.
Re: A few things on the warrior mage gripe list on the elanthipedia page 01/17/2014 10:21 PM CST
Why on earth would you be using Frostbite for knockdown? Even capped at 50%, the fatigue drain hits like a sack of barbarians in combat 3.0 and we have much better knockdown spells.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: A few things on the warrior mage gripe list on the elanthipedia page 01/17/2014 10:27 PM CST

<Why on earth would you be using Frostbite for knockdown? Even capped at 50%, the fatigue drain hits like a sack of barbarians in combat 3.0 and we have much better knockdown spells.

The spell causes things to collapse as part of its budgeted effect. If its going to keep that, it'd be nice to count on it holding longer than the 3 second RT you get for casting it?

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.
Re: A few things on the warrior mage gripe list on the elanthipedia page 01/17/2014 10:29 PM CST
I thought the "magic comments" page was for bugs not commentary, but I guess the title of the page says otherwise.

Armor boosts are useful even after the hinderance point because they're involved in defensive checks and a successful one results in protection boost, right?
Re: A few things on the warrior mage gripe list on the elanthipedia page 01/17/2014 10:43 PM CST
The balance loss + brief stamina penalty + massive offense and defense penalty from having no fatigue are more than enough oomph for this spell. Especially now that it can be single targeted and no longer affects the caster. Yes, we probably should remove the knockdown but we have bigger things to address at present.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes