WM musings 12/25/2013 07:28 PM CST
I've put together a bunch of things that I've been pondering about:

Augmentation: There are a lot of basic, but only one advanced augmentation; two if you count ETF. Either SW or one of tailwind or zephyr could be an advanced spell.
Diff #
Intro 0
Basic 5
Adv 2*
Eso 2

*One of them is mixed

Do spells that teach two skills teach less of one skill than a spell that one teach one skill? So far I've only done limited testing, but it appears MAB (util/TM) teaches more utility than RM (util only).

What if PW was basic instead of advanced? We don't have any basic TMs; just kind of odd, and I don't feel like spending that much mana on PW.

Substratum's prereq still don't make any sense to me: it should just require ethereal shield. And WB should just be elementalism.

I was thinking about new mages and the earliest that they could pick enough spells to train every skill, and I figured they would want to pick a debil spell as early as possible so that it would stay close to TM. So if you were to remove the elementalism requirement from WB, it would be possible for a new mage to pick MoA as the first debilitation spell at 5th circle by taking the fire path (or even earlier if the WB req was removed from MoA). That would create a third option where a new mage would't have to pick ANC or IP as their first debil spell.

Can't find Augrym in Chyolvea Tayeu's. Office is locked and he's not on his balcony. Don't tell him I was sitting in his chair.
Re: WM musings 12/27/2013 11:44 AM CST
This is a good post,

I have to say that I find the prereqs of our spells to be kind of annoying.. especially when I have to take spells I don't want that aren't even in the same spell tree. Getting Aether Cloak for example..

I would definitely like a review of the prereqs before 3.1 goes live.

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.
Re: WM musings 01/04/2014 10:11 AM CST
>>I would definitely like a review of the prereqs before 3.1 goes live.

Gonna be a real "trick" sitting there witha pen and calculator figguring out spels/feats Vs spell slots.

What I like to see is a "REspec" option like we can do with the Crafting system. I have NO problem paying 10, 20 or even 50 plat to respec a wrong choice. If I'm foolish I'll sink a fair bit of plat doing this. But I realllllllyyyy want to see the option to "REspec" spell slots.
Re: WM musings 01/05/2014 01:31 AM CST

You mean like in Throne City, where you can forget spells?
And I thought you could pay to forget selected Spell Feats? STUDY [trainer] puts up a 'FORGET' option.
Re: WM musings 01/05/2014 01:35 PM CST
>>You mean like in Throne City, where you can forget spells?

I have only once used that option long while back so cant say I'm very clear on it but did that not involve paying with TDP and a bunch at that? I'd hate to give up weeks worth of training to restore one to 3 spell slots.
Re: WM musings 01/05/2014 01:41 PM CST
> I have only once used that option long while back so cant say I'm very clear on it but did that not involve paying with TDP and a bunch at that? I'd hate to give up weeks worth of training to restore one to 3 spell slots.

Not if you did it less than once a year (or maybe it was once every 6 months). Also, the way TDPs are tracked now, making things like that cost TDPs would be tricky to implement.