RM's stealth boost 12/14/2013 03:04 PM CST
exp mods shows a bonus to stealth after casting RM even if I'm not in the room as the mist. And it persists for about a minute after the mist is gone. Casting and releasing shadows gets rid of it. Is it a thing with exp mods or does RM's stealth boost linger longer than the fog?
Re: RM's stealth boost 12/14/2013 09:48 PM CST
It lingers a bit.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Pathways 12/15/2013 05:44 AM CST
Will you be taking a second look at the Aethereal Pathways?

Directly relevant to 3.1 - Focus Accuracy increases the accuracy of TM spells, but we now have a TM skill boosting spell. If the buffs won't stack, Accuracy should probably do something else.

More generally, when the pathways were written and conceived Elemental Charge (Manipulative Resolve back then?) regenerated passively. It's now quite a bit more work to keep juice in the pool, but the effects are still sort of minor and in many cases not useful unless you're not casting capped spells (ie: not that useful to experienced WMs). The Charge cost of running a pathway outside your aligned element is also so high that you can't expect to use more than one or two options (those that are in your aligned element) for more than a minute or two, and switching pathways is prohibitively expensive.

TO CLOSE MY COMPLAINING: it's an inflexible system that's hard to use except to train summoning, and could probably use a rewrite.

That and a pony are all I want for Christmas.

Mazrian
Re: Pathways 12/15/2013 11:13 AM CST
>>Will you be taking a second look at the Aethereal Pathways?

Not in the near future, there are quite a few other things that need attention that are less developed.

>>If the buffs won't stack, Accuracy should probably do something else.

Accuracy does a different type of bonus than a direct TM boost, so they should stack fine.

>>it's an inflexible system that's hard to use except to train summoning, and could probably use a rewrite.

Some other methods to train summoning will probably be developed before anything significant would be considered to the pathways stuff. But that's just my plan, others may have their own.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: Pathways 12/15/2013 01:22 PM CST
I really only use pathways in emergency situations because their fuse is so short, but war mages have SO many tools to call a time-out on combat that I've just been taking a minute to sit and meditate when I want to use another pathway. Much easier now that FoI is back.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Pathways 12/15/2013 09:34 PM CST
>Much easier now that FoI is back.

When did FoI get back? I can't get any guild leaders to tell me about it and I asked all of them. My favorite was Tyrsan:

>ask tyr about foi spell
Tyrsan glares at you and says, "You talk like a Trader, Ottavosa! Many words, no sense to them. There is no spell with that name!"
Re: Pathways 12/16/2013 12:55 AM CST
>When did FoI get back? I can't get any guild leaders to tell me about it and I asked all of them. My favorite was Tyrsan:

Gak, you're right. I was really tired when I was choosing spells, I think. I geuss it's still broken. I can't remember what anyone said about that.
Well, when we DO have FoI...

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.