Some KHRI additions 02/05/2014 03:23 PM CST
Ok, here's a few new toys.

KHRI HELP - Now with more help.
KHRI CHECK - Now gives info on cooldowns.
KHRI MEDITATE - When no active khri are running it will reduce cooldowns.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: Some KHRI additions 02/05/2014 03:30 PM CST
Awesome additions, thanks Ricinus!

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Some KHRI additions 02/05/2014 06:22 PM CST

>KHRI CHECK - Now gives info on cooldowns.

Wish it just said it in seconds or even minutes.

>KHRI MEDITATE - When no active khri are running it will reduce cooldowns.

Hopped into test and it takes me 5 KHRI MEDITATEs to clear the cooldown, doesn't that seem like a bit much? That's 50 seconds in RT and it requires you to stop all your other khri.

Sorry, but I don't like it. It's too long in RT for the benefit, and the requirement to be running nothing makes it more of a hindrance than a help.

I'm guessing you're trying to prevent people from resetting eliminate, calm, and vanish, but couldn't those just be not effected by meditate? Most of us agree those should have cooldowns since they are one-off [S] khri, even if it seems like that term is being abandoned.

I apologize if this comes off sounding ungrateful, but this is my test feedback.
Re: Some KHRI additions 02/05/2014 07:16 PM CST
i agree with loggrim.

khri check messaging for cooldowns is useless and makes us sound like stoners
khri meditate only working to reduce cooldowns when you have none running is even worse. Meditate was put in as a bandaid to help with the pathetic magic exp we're learning and slapping another bandaid on top of it to help with something else with a restricted fashion just isnt good enough.

Something is seriously wrong if a bunch of the top thieves in the game are saying the same things and hating everything thats being done.
Unlike loggrim i wont apologize for my posts as i'm beginning to despise the way thieves are going.

If advice was any good, they wouldn't give it out for free.
Re: Some KHRI additions 02/05/2014 07:21 PM CST
But it's a great step in the right direction!
For my purposes, if I'm transitioning between routines, I'll 'khri stop', then attempt to fire all of my khri, if that fails I'll be hitting that meditate then attempt to activate again.

I suppose maybe I'm an optimist. Sure, I dislike that lengthy cooldown, but I'll take an active solution over no solution any day.

Here's an idea... if you KHRI MEDITATE without any active khri, perhaps it gives you a 30 second roundtime and resets your timer? Would that be a workable alternative?
Re: Some KHRI additions 02/05/2014 11:28 PM CST

Alright, sounds like the cooldowns weren't taking some things into consideration like the tier and how they were being stopped... so people may want to re-test thier cooldowns and the effect of khri meditate on cooldowns.

Now I'm getting 5 seconds on tier 1's and I think about 60 on tier 4, 30 seconds or so with meditate.

Did these tests extremely quickly so I might be off or missing something, but much better so far.
Re: Some KHRI additions 02/06/2014 09:49 AM CST
Thanks for these additions.. I'll hop in test later and give my feedback.
Re: Some KHRI additions 02/06/2014 12:58 PM CST
<< a few new toys

Nice, thanks. I'm especially pleased about the added cooldown info. I think it's pretty crucial for setting up combos and to me at least the IC messages are totally sufficient for that.

<< beginning to despise the way thieves are going

There are a few other issues i don't agree on but i think these are nice additions regardless. I suppose most thieves were expecting the cooldowns to be abolished completely and that lead to a bit of a disappointment in the end but it's not all that bad. There is still a lot to discover for me but for example i liked the fact that Sagacity does not have any cool down whatsoever, so there is at least some ways to substitute for the down times -- on the positive side.

The other thing about exp i agree, it's pretty bad. I know we can keep a steady learning going for a while but i would rather lock fast, so that i could actually use the Khri i want, based on my situational need and not based on which ones are more beneficial for learning. It kind of defeats the whole purpose of combos and several Khri choices. This is of course strictly talking about PVE, you can still combine all you want in PVP and what not.
Re: Some KHRI additions 02/06/2014 09:15 PM CST
Definitely steps in the right direction, here are my thoughts:

1)Khri Help - looks fine to me.
2)Khri Check - Like others said, this would be much more helpful in seconds... or even some type of % . I'm just going to spam Med until they are off CD otherwise. Would be an A+ change with clearer information.
3)Khri Meditate - Great idea, just needs some tweaks. (I'm low 90s for reference.)
--Timing seems really off. It takes just about the same time to reset the cooldown of tier 1s to tier 4. I started Dark and Elusion. It took between 60 - 70 seconds (6-7 meditates, last meditate would have no RT) to get both off CD. Seems off. I also tested each individually, and experienced the same result. 60-70 seconds where I can't do a thing. If it's going to be that long, maybe throw some EXP in? However, it would be nice to see that number drop to around 30 seconds.
--Would be nice to use and drain the CD while other Khri are up. We take a (slight) conc hit while performing this while Khri are up anyway, so it seems reasonable.

Thanks for the additions though. Some slight tweaks needed, but headed down the right path for sure.