Khri and Khri Combo Feedback 01/25/2014 09:37 PM CST
Just wanted to wrap up all my khri feedback in one place for any and all interested parties to see and read.
Please take it all as friendly feedback, remember I have a smile on my face, and no malicious intent.
Some things may just be my personal opinion or just plain wrong, but I have done my best to make this up to date, factual, and free of exaggerations.
If I don't mention a khri or khri combo it's because I don't have anything to say about it other than "seems good to me".

Individual Khri:

Hasten - Seems to proc a good amount on SE/SB, and LT/HT attacks, but almost never on brawling (I use mostly punch), also I think it was adjusted to happen less for bigger weapons, but now it feels like its happening too little with Large Edged/Large Blunt and 2HE/2HB. By little I mean it seems to be something like 1 out of 20 attacks gets the -1 RT.

Dampen - Works Great at high circles, but I hear other thieves in the mid to low circles saying that it is not doing much of anything for them.

Prowess - It's extremely hard to notice any benefit from Prowess. Mostly because as a thief, if you are hitting, you are probably already hitting for the damage cap. So it really only functions as a to-hit bonus, but again as a thief you wouldn't need more to-hit unless you're going against something very challenging and in that situation Prowess is just going to be resisted. It does work nicely for underhunting/backtraining weapons.

Guile - Same issues as Prowess.

Calm - In 100+ hours of testing PvE and PvP, I have yet to actually think about using it, maybe that says something about it, maybe it's just me and/or the things/people I've been hunting/fighting.

Eliminate - I do use it in PvP, but I really dislike the long cooldown. It does come in useful, but if you botch it or get a bad roll it's 5 to 10 minutes until you can try to use it again. I just inherently dislike anything like that (short burst with long cooldown) and end up using it very little to not at all.

Serenity - Takes too much concentration, making it more dangerous to use than helpful. If someone is doing a cyclical/pulsing debuff against you and you are running serenity, you lose at least 26 concentration every 10 seconds, just from serenity. If someone were to cast will contests against you, you'd lose 21 concentration every single time (unless you already 100% win the contest).

Sagacity - Just doesn't do enough, only time I've been using it is to train Utility. Either it should continue blocking as little as it does and be all damage types as well as stun/knockdown resist/break, or be blocking a lot more for a lot longer, or at the very least, reforming a lot faster. As it stands right now, it's better to manually stop it, wait out the cooldown, and restart it... or just not use it entirely and save the concentration cost for something else. Maybe it just seems poor to me because other barriers are still up for adjustments. But without some changes, I don't see myself using it much if at all.

Khri Combos:

Skulk - I honestly don't know about anyone else (except for my friend that just said they agree), but I personally have been playing a thief for more than 15,000 hours. I have never wanted or needed to use this ability. Just compared to silence it's 100% redundant, but that's not the only reason, I just don't have any desire to reduce my stalking RTs.

Prescience - Sensing/Serenity/Sagacity - The underlying khri are an awkward combination that make it too expensive and short lived to be used in actual combat, its great of course for just sitting around doing nothing but watching the shadows, or protecting your pockets.

Cunning - Hasten/Guile/Liberation - Again, the underlying khri are an awkward combination that make it too expensive and short lived, especially given that what it does buff is not that important to anything we actually do.

Speed - Sure would be nice if there was a reason to run this combo for PvE, I get that not everything is really intended to fit into both PvE and PvP... but we have so little abilities every single one you don't use is very painful.

Thanks, hope to see you all in test.