Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Khri Cooldowns (timed) 01/23/2014 11:08 PM CST
To be fair, Barbarians (in general) have to leave combat to sit and meditate their buffs back up when they fall. Not all Guilds are expected to have access to all abilities all of the time or in all situations.

And while it may be easier for mages these days... I often had to leave combat, find a good mana room and raise a fissure to fully buff my WM. Mana regen is a whole different beast now than what I grew up on unfortunately.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Khri Cooldowns (timed) 01/24/2014 12:31 AM CST

>Barbarians (in general) have to leave combat to sit and meditate their buffs back up when they fall.

I've watched barbarians do this, it takes them less than 10 seconds.

>I often had to leave combat, find a good mana room and raise a fissure to fully buff my WM.

After about a day in a new hunting ground a mage knows where the good mana rooms are, also past a point, isn't every room a fantastic mana room? But my point is how long does this process take?

I, personally, am not asking for them to be removed just, made to be a little more reasonable.

Somewhere between 10 and 20 seconds sounds reasonable to me. Minutes, does not.

Another thought, maybe using Khri Meditate repeatedly could reset or greatly decrease any current khri cooldown.
Re: Khri Cooldowns (timed) 01/24/2014 06:51 AM CST
>After about a day in a new hunting ground a mage knows where the good mana rooms are, also past a point, isn't every room a fantastic mana room? But my point is how long does this process take?

Not really. In 2.x, given that mana returns were higher the higher you stayed on the pool (as the complete opposite of the system now), anything below a certain threshold of mana would just be non-usable for realistic long term buff application, regardless of skill (since the more skill you have the more you want/need to pump your buffs). Unless you were a cleric. Those jerks could work in a 1 mana room, almost, due to various buffs to how they worked. Especially true for WMs, since they don't get the buffs that clerics or MMs get.

>I've watched barbarians do this, it takes them less than 10 seconds.

Let's be honest; you were watching high level barbs do this, who had access to the extremely restricted chakrel (chakral?) items which increase items. There's no skill based on meditation, and without the boosters, it takes 30+ seconds to meditate.

>Somewhere between 10 and 20 seconds sounds reasonable to me. Minutes, does not.
>Another thought, maybe using Khri Meditate repeatedly could reset or greatly decrease any current khri cooldown.

I actually like both of these ideas. Or if there was an item that would decrease difficulty, decrease timers, like chakral will/does for thieves. That would be a really cool mechanical interlock that I'd like, actually.
Re: Khri Cooldowns (timed) 02/04/2014 01:41 PM CST
>>I, personally, am not asking for them to be removed just, made to be a little more reasonable.
>>Somewhere between 10 and 20 seconds sounds reasonable to me. Minutes, does not.
>>Another thought, maybe using Khri Meditate repeatedly could reset or greatly decrease any current khri cooldown.

Been a bit busy these last two weeks so I haven't been on much. This is exactly how I feel, and I like the idea of Khri Meditate bring down the cooldowns to this time period.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page