Khri Strike Dropping +backstab, bug. 01/19/2014 08:54 PM CST

I've been trying for a while to try to find a way to replicate this bug consistently...

But I just cannot.

Sometimes the +backstab (seen via EXP MODS) from khri strike, removes itself. I don't think its just a display issue because I originally caught it because I noticed my damage suddenly went down, I even posted about it about a month ago. To which Ric said, looks fine to me.

But now I have had it happen several times, albeit very randomly.

So again I was hunting in Cabalists, backstabbing and then throwing my LT around, then I went to Drakes just to see what throwing my LT at them felt like, then back to backstabbing Cabalists and I noticed my damage was down a bit so I did this:

R> khri check
You are under the influence of the Avoidance meditation, which should last around 30 roisaen.
You are under the influence of the Hasten meditation, which should last around 31 roisaen.
You are under the influence of the Strike meditation, which should last around 30 roisaen.
You are under the influence of the Focus meditation, which should last around 30 roisaen.
You are under the influence of the Elusion meditation, which should last around 29 roisaen.
>

And then this:

> exp mods
The following skills are currently under the influence of a modifier:

+ Small Edged
+ Brawling
+ Evasion

No +backstab again!

If I stop those exact khri and restart them I get the correct mods:

s> exp mods
The following skills are currently under the influence of a modifier:

+ Small Edged
+ Brawling
+ Evasion
+ Backstab
Re: Khri Strike Dropping +backstab, bug. 01/19/2014 10:00 PM CST
>>Sometimes the +backstab (seen via EXP MODS) from khri strike, removes itself. I don't think its just a display issue because I originally caught it because I noticed my damage suddenly went down, I even posted about it about a month ago. To which Ric said, looks fine to me.

No, you posted that you weren't getting any backstab boost at all from Strike, then someone else posted an argument that supposed that the removal of the backstab boost was an intentional change, and a bad one at that. I replied that Strike did still give a backstab boost and included a log of it working, along with a comment about how I'm frustrated with being so grossly misquoted. I continue to stand by my prior comments, and if you manage to find a way to replicate the actual issue you're having, I'll be happy to fix it.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: Khri Strike Dropping +backstab, bug. 01/19/2014 10:10 PM CST
>No, you posted that you weren't getting any backstab boost at all from Strike, then someone else posted an argument that supposed that the removal of the backstab boost was an intentional change, and a bad one at that. I replied that Strike did still give a backstab boost and included a log of it working, along with a comment about how I'm frustrated with being so grossly misquoted. I continue to stand by my prior comments, and if you manage to find a way to replicate the actual issue you're having, I'll be happy to fix it.

To be fair at the time NEITHER of us had any idea what I was actually posting about.

I was not trying to "call you out" here Ric, I was just trying to date the issue by citing a past occurrence.

Definitely wasn't quoting you, just saying that I tried my best to make you aware of the issue, but it was not found/resolved.

Sorry that I didn't word my post better.

> and if you manage to find a way to replicate the actual issue you're having, I'll be happy to fix it.

Seeing as it's been more than a month and I've put 100+ hours into test... I doubt I ever will all on my own.