Novice thief 3.1 notes 01/19/2014 08:35 AM CST
Joined guild. Worked as normal. Note that ‘normal’ for thieves involves a not-the-guildleader-npc.

Was not given khri or ambush. Had to seek out guildleader immediately after joining. Still was not given an ambush, I assume I will still get one at level 2 since I don’t need to train multiple magics. I was given a khri slot.

He does not give a speech on abilities, so without knowing older thieves or prior experience I would not have known khri exist. This should probably be streamlined. I’d recommend removing the intermediary NPC entirely and making the thief guild join process similar to how it used to be; find the guild, knock on the right door, give them a passcode, you get shunted to the guildleader who gives a speech. That way you handle all of the normal joining documentation and can tell them about the thief abilities.

His khri list is not sorted by pre-requisite like magic; he lists every khri he teaches. Would be better if it used a magic-style system, where you don’t see stuff you can’t even choose, you only see spells you qualify for by having the pre-reqs.

The reuse timer is still there. Needs to either be removed. There’s no reason or justification for it. Focus plus an occasional meditate taught quite well at 0 ranks.

I was not given any ranks in any magic skill. Probably want to give me the requirements for level 1, since the guildleader was telling me I needed aug and Inner magic.

I chose focus, and had to kneel and use delay to start it, but was able to use it without any magic ranks, and running just that khri, the concentration hits were almost 0. We’re talking 4-6% loss at every pulse, pulsing back to 100 each time, and meditate didn’t sap much more. So I don’t see any particular issues learning from khri at level 0/1. Even just passive learning will be good enough, meditate is icing.

I will try to get the interest to level my thief up to 2-5 tomorrow and give impressions of the early-early game that way. I’d recommend other people give it a similar go, since I’m not a particularly thorough tester.
Re: Novice thief 3.1 notes 01/19/2014 09:21 AM CST

>>SvS resistance is affected by vitality. A good combos is BS followed by an ambush. Hard to resist something when you are stunned and at half health...

Will the part where you don't learn any exp vs a stunned critter being removed or has it?
Re: Novice thief 3.1 notes 01/19/2014 09:30 AM CST
I thought I had removed the learning penalties from hitting disadvantaged targets early in the 3.1 testing. I'll try to verify, EXP isn't my thing :P

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Novice thief 3.1 notes 01/19/2014 09:35 AM CST
>>Will the part where you don't learn any exp vs a stunned critter being removed or has it?

This was only stealth experience to my knowledge, but I agree, if it hasn't been removed already it should be. Shouldn't be penalized for using your tools to help train, or just using your tools naturally

Codiax.
Vote: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html