New Ambushes and PvP 01/13/2014 11:03 AM CST
Just wanted to quickly say that while recent changes have helped my ambushes land at level in PvE...

Against any "challenging" PCs in PvP (which I admit is a hard thing to find at circles near 200th), ambushes are not only useless because they will never land, but they are actually a hindrance because you lose balance and position like crazy from missing with them.

So lately I've been asking the question:

Why is it that every other guild in the game has no trouble debilitating me in PvP, but I am completely unable to debilitate them back?

Other people have said repeatedly that its the stealth check, I think its more than that but that does bring up a great point:

What happens when a MU casts a debilitation spell at me? How many skills are checked in how many different rolls and whats the caster/attackers bonus to the success of the SvS contest? Do they have any way to add extra punch to the spell/ability like more mana?

Now, what happens when a thief goes to use an ambush. How many skills are checked in how many different rolls and whats the thieve's bonus to success of the SvS contest? Does the thief have any way to add extra strength to the ambush?

I think there's gross disparity there that could use some attention.
Re: New Ambushes and PvP 01/14/2014 03:57 AM CST

Yeah i hope this gets looked at, i dont really use ambushes when hunting, its all for PvP, and we are a mess without them, Also for me, its not just ambushing the person im facing. Also the majority of my RP PvP, except in organised spars are against groups of people, and the balance and RT issues are making the ambushes not the best either in that respect. Though i know all of this is a working progress in test, and well thats why we are testing.

Rifkinn