Thief Issues 01/11/2014 08:15 PM CST

I don't play a thief, and i never have. So take this with a grain of salt. I have a few friends who play thieves and i ahve heard lots of the complaints about Total DPS and backstab seeming weak. I feel like thieves are straight locked into Small edged weapons, and that's a problem no matter who uses them.

What about a weapon stat booster, similar to resonance, or Tsunami, or the few others out there. That would increase overall DPS and not feel so stuck into really low damage weapons. I don't know, like i said i don't play a thief.

-Grave Lord Zerreck Arkarm
Re: Thief Issues 01/11/2014 08:31 PM CST
Backstab no longer feels like a real backstab anymore. The accuracy boost to using an LE is no longer enough of a bonus to make it worth using over a ME since they share the same RT now.
LEs really need to see a lower RT like they used to have. Perhaps 2 seconds with the LE bonus letting it hit 1 second.
I feel like I'm trying to chop down a tree with a knife when I'm backstabbing.

I'd really like to see some kind of ambush attacks we could use that don't require hiding beforehand. Advanced feints that allow us to distract the opponent and strike a weak spot.
Re: Thief Issues 01/11/2014 09:25 PM CST
I still think khri eliminate could help this a lot. The first version was too strong with armor/shield bypass and something like 5-6 attacks, but from what I understand, the new version is too light (armor/shield bypass remains, but there's only 2 seconds?). Maybe khri eliminate could lose the DFA thing, keep the armor bypass, get a new "magic damage barrier bypass" bit, and get an extended duration/number of attacks.

I think that would be balanced because, without DFA, it would still require requisite weapon skill to hit an at-level opponent, but with armor and damage barrier bypass (can tenacity or sagacity even be bypassed in the code?), it would allow small edged to hit any opponent (that the attacker had the skill to hit) pretty dang hard.
Re: Thief Issues 01/11/2014 10:55 PM CST

While i 100% agree with you, no guild should have to rely upon an ability that lasts 4 to even 15 seconds and has a few min cooldown. The guild of assassins needs more teeth then this.
Re: Thief Issues 01/11/2014 10:57 PM CST
Yeah, I assume backstab will get its teeth back one way or another too. That just has to happen.
Re: Thief Issues 01/12/2014 11:51 AM CST
>>I think that would be balanced because, without DFA, it would still require requisite weapon skill to hit an at-level opponent, but with armor and damage barrier bypass (can tenacity or sagacity even be bypassed in the code?), it would allow small edged to hit any opponent (that the attacker had the skill to hit) pretty dang hard.

You can only use it once every 10 minutes. It is pretty much a PvP skill.