Sagacity 01/02/2014 06:14 PM CST
My test copy character is just under the cap to learn Sagacity (waiting on the third copy with fingers crossed!). I've been searching for details but I wasn't able to find much talk about this Khri. So, purely from what I remember, the gripes people were having were that it doesn't shield very much, and I think they were concerned about the cooldown timer?

Does anyone have some feedback on these details? I would love to get some information on this one, as it seems to have a lot of potential. I don't need it to protect a lot, but I do want that cooldown to be manageable so I can keep it up somewhat routinely. Any info to share on this?
Re: Sagacity 01/02/2014 06:52 PM CST

I'd also really love some more info on sagacity, how much its supposed to be protecting and what it's "reform" timer actually is, since all I know is purely anecdotal.

Lets say you're getting hit with SOLID hits, for me, it'll cut about 3-4 of those in half, and then fall down (I don't think theres any messaging to the player or the attacker that its no longer protecting) and then after 20-30 seconds, if you are still running the khri, it'll reform itself (also no messaging) to do the same level of protection.

Let's say you're getting hit with GOOD hits, well I really have no idea, but It's probably safe to assume its going to cut 7-8 of those down to harmless, before falling.

One thing I've really been meaning to ask/test but haven't remembered to actually do so is: Does the sagacity barrier only regenerate once depleted? Or is it constantly refilling itself even if it hasn't been defeated yet?

You could khri stop sagacity, but then you'd pay a concentration cost for stopping it (stopping costs should probably be removed) and then you'd need to wait for the khri cooldown timer before restarting it again, and I swear at times they seem really really buggy.

Some questions:

Is the amount of damage absorbed based on skills? It probably is, but I'm not sure.

How does this stack up against MAF and other barriers and it's slated changes? No Idea really. But MAF is probably a lot better, and can be recast as needed, right? And I don't know anything about barbarian stuff, but they are always bragging that they can run X ability for hours... so there's that. :D

Isn't it unfortunate that it offers no magical or stun protection? Yes, yes it is very unfortunate.
Re: Sagacity 01/02/2014 07:17 PM CST
> Is the amount of damage absorbed based on skills? It probably is, but I'm not sure.

Ricinus suggested the damage absorbed was based on utility and inner, but it does not scale well at all.

> How does this stack up against MAF and other barriers and it's slated changes? No Idea really. But MAF is probably a lot better, and can be recast as needed, right? And I don't know anything about barbarian stuff, but they are always bragging that they can run X ability for hours... so there's that. :D

Sagacity as it stands seems similar in potency to Tenacity, but where tenacity has limitless hits Sagacity will crumble and refuse to protect you after a few hits, but continue to charge you concentration. (one stack of throwing knives rips down Sagacity entirely) I would suggest against using it at this point.
Re: Sagacity 01/02/2014 07:45 PM CST
So to clarify on that, EC: once it gets torn down, and it's still 'active', does it reform at all? Or would we have to feel it out, assume it's consumed, then stop it and reactivate it?

I guess what I'm really trying to say is... WTB New DRTest character transfer. (Just hit 70.)
Re: Sagacity 01/02/2014 07:51 PM CST
> So to clarify on that, EC: once it gets torn down, and it's still 'active', does it reform at all? Or would we have to feel it out, assume it's consumed, then stop it and reactivate it?

It reforms, but its very very slow. I believe Ricinus told me roughly 1/6th of it every 30 seconds.