Test wipespells and recheck of ranger spells 12/10/2013 01:00 AM CST

Ok I did a wipe of all spells and reselected them. Now they are more what you described before and the max casts are lower than we had before. New spell Frorestwalkers boon is 2 spell slots appears to be difficutly 3 and min prep of 15, max of 100, and trains warding. My warding skill is 404 so I can get (based on discern Forestwalker's boon 36 into the spell). As usual in reality I can get closer to 46 power in the spell. Getting all spells takes up 50 spell slots now. Casting CS, BS, and Memory of nature is now harder. Skill required is 280 in augmentation/warding or utility for memory of nature, so they got harder to cast. Can cut that down maybe 15% if the feats have not changed with augmentation mastery and utility mastery. But none of the 3 actually taught me anything casting it as high as I can.

>discern forestwalker's boon
Many a ranger has ventured beyond the bounds of civilization only to find themselves facing wild beasts defending their territory or hunting for food.

The Forestwalker's Boon spell masks a ranger's natural scent with a pheromone that attempts to calm all but the most aggressive or cunning wild

animals.

This is a battle spell, intended to be prepared quickly and cast on a single target while in battle. It can be cast without a target. It requires a

minimum of fifteen mana streams, and can expand to a maximum of one hundred mana streams woven into it.

To begin to be able to cast this spell, you will need to reach the rank of an experienced practitioner. By the time you have mastered this spell, you

will be ranked as a master in your abilities as a caster. It requires the Warding skill to cast effectively.

Before you can learn this spell, you must know Instinct. It will also cost two spell slots.

You think you could weave at most 36 mana streams into this spell.
Roundtime: 9 sec.

Tried Forestwalker's boon in gryphons and it did nothing to keep them from coming after me. Basically just like it did last time it was released. Probably not a spell I would take but now you have to get it to get Memory of Nature. Hmmm.

Cheetah swiftness and bear strength still dont teach any augmentation or warding. Zero.

SOTT and Instinct up in gryphons (+Evasion +Reflexes +Perception). Young gryphons supposed to teach around 450. My learning rate for shield and light armor and parry and such were so low it was barely moving. Whats worse is they are tearing me to pieces, so either the evasion and reflexes boost are not working as advertised or the gryphons are higher than that. Heck even the fledgling gryphons were opening holes in me and I just was not learning. Used to be you had to get hit to learn any defenses, now I get hit and nothing.

Now for the best one. I really like this, hope you keep it but I'm pretty sure its a big bad BUUUUUUUUUGGGGGG!

WEnt to adan'f just normal adan'f with shadow mages and blood warriors. Put up spells instinct, sott, and see the wind. Doing my snipe routine. Load longbow, aim warrior/mage, hide. Stalk, snipe. Did 6 snipes with all that just to kill one warrior. Every time... here I show you...NOtice I load the longbow, and snipe. Then try to reload the longbow and it says its already loaded. Keep sniping and finally kill it. Then get one arrow from the ground after its looted and thats all. SO it never unloads the bow when you snipe and when you kill it, the bow is unloaded. With that I can start to carry one arrow for hunting, maybe 2.

>load my longbow
You reach into your quiver to load the copperwood longbow with a basilisk head arrow.
Roundtime 3 sec.
The spiders lose their interest in an Adan'f shadow mage, who manages to break free.
>
The shadow mage begins to advance on you!
The shadow mage is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
>aim mage
You turn to face an Adan'f shadow mage.
You begin to target an Adan'f shadow mage.
>hid
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
HR>
Appearing to have lost sight of its target, an Adan'f shadow mage stops advancing.
H>
You think you have your best shot possible now.
H>
The shadow mage searches around for a moment.
H>snipe
You remain concealed by your surroundings, convinced that your moving to fire went unobserved.
< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you snipe a basilisk head arrow at an Adan'f shadow mage. An Adan'f shadow mage attempts to evade, moving directly into the blow. The arrow lands an extremely heavy hit that barely breaks the skin of the mage's left leg.
[You're solidly balanced and in better position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
H>
H>
You feel fully rested.
H>load my longbow
Your copperwood longbow is already loaded with a basilisk head arrow.
H>aim mage
H>
H>snipe
You remain concealed by your surroundings, convinced that your moving to fire went unobserved.
< Moving like a striking snake, you snipe a basilisk head arrow at an Adan'f shadow mage. An Adan'f shadow mage fails to dodge, avoiding only some of the blow. The arrow lands an extremely heavy hit that just barely penetrates the skin to nick the stomach, lightly stunning it.
[You're solidly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
HR>load my longbow
H>
You feel fully rested.
H>
H>snipe
< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you snipe a basilisk head arrow at an Adan'f shadow mage. An Adan'f shadow mage fails to evade, stepping partly into the blow. The arrow lands an awesome strike that stabs deeply into the mage's left arm, lightly stunning it.
[You're solidly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
H>load my longbow
H>
You feel fully rested.
H>snipe
< You snipe a basilisk head arrow at an Adan'f shadow mage. An Adan'f shadow mage dodges, just stepping out of harm's way.
[You're solidly balanced and in strong position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
HR>
HR>
You feel fully rested.
H>get arrow ** notice no arrow on the ground.
H>
You come out of hiding.
You get a drake arrowhead from inside your desumos-pelt quiver.
>
An Adan'f blood warrior slinks out of the shadows.
>
The blood warrior begins to advance on you!
The blood warrior is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
>
The shadow mage begins to advance on you!
The shadow mage is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
>put arrowhead in my flet pouch
You put your arrowhead in your fletching pouch.
>hid
>
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
HR>load my longbow
HR>l
[Whistling Wood, Barrows]
You also see an Adan'f shadow mage, an Adan'f blood warrior, some silver coins, a tiny swirled yellow citrine, some bronze coins and some copper coins.
Obvious paths: north, southeast.
H>
Appearing to have lost sight of its target, an Adan'f shadow mage stops advancing.
H>
Appearing to have lost sight of its target, an Adan'f blood warrior stops advancing.
H>aim mage
H>
An Adan'f blood warrior tastes the air with its tongue as it warily scans the shadows.
H>
H>prep hb 10
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
With tense movements you prepare your body for the Harawep's Bonds spell.
H>l
H>
You also see an Adan'f shadow mage, an Adan'f blood warrior, some silver coins, a tiny swirled yellow citrine, some bronze coins and some copper coins.
H>
You think you have your best shot possible now.
H>
An Adan'f blood warrior tastes the air with its tongue as it warily scans the shadows.
H>
H>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
H>cast mage
You reveal yourself.
You gesture at an Adan'f shadow mage.
A thousand tiny spiders crawl out of their hiding places and begin crawling over an Adan'f shadow mage, trapping it in a cocoon of sticky webbing.
R>hid
HR>
You feel fully rested.
H>snipe
H>
< Driving in like an unbeatable force, you snipe a basilisk head arrow at an Adan'f shadow mage. An Adan'f shadow mage attempts to evade, failing miserably. The arrow lands a cataclysmic strike (Did the Greater Fist just erupt again?) that rips the mage's right hand from its arm.
That would have stuck if there was anything left to stick to!
The basilisk head arrow falls to the ground!
The shadow mage sinks to the ground in a rustle of cloth and covers its face with the hood of its cloak. Slowly the movements of the cloaked creature stop.
The shadow mage's chain hauberk falls apart!
The mage's skull-tipped staff disappears, the shadows melting away.
The spiders lose their interest in an Adan'f shadow mage.
[You're solidly balanced]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
HR>
An Adan'f blood warrior hisses quietly to itself and slinks southeast, weapon held ready.
H>loot all
You come out of hiding.
You search the shadow mage.
The shadow mage was carrying a black cloak.
You also find a crust-covered deobar coffer!
>
** Now watch.... watch... Yep only one arrow on the ground. How many did I snipe with?
>l
You also see a black cloak, a basilisk head arrow, some silver coins, a tiny swirled yellow citrine, some bronze coins and some copper coins.
>get arrow
You pick up a basilisk head arrow.
>load my longbow
You load the copperwood longbow with a basilisk head arrow in your hand.
Roundtime 3 sec.
R>l in cloak
There is nothing in there.
>hid
>
HR>l
The last of the grey clouds drift away to reveal a crisp blue sky.
HR>
You also see a black cloak, some silver coins, a tiny swirled yellow citrine, some bronze coins and some copper coins.

On the plus side I got bow and melee master to 1/34 after 4 mages and 3 warrios. Guess thats something.

No matter where I got to try to learn something the learning rates for armor and weapons and combat related survivals is really bad.

Its my hope before you release this you completely revamp the lists on where critters train (range 100 to 250, etc). Otherwise we will have no clue what to do.

Ranger Pfanston and his soggy pup.