Thoughtcast 03/06/2014 02:42 PM CST
Does anyone know if the passive thoughtcast effect (access to gweth thoughts) also allows the caster to receive direct thoughts from albredine crystal rings? If no one knows, is anyone around the next couple days to check? I can jump into test most nights.

If a GM is willing to answer, great. If the answer is "no," can the answer be made "yes"?
Re: Thoughtcast 03/06/2014 06:40 PM CST
No, and it's unlikely. That would rather notably increase the complexity of the spell but I can't give a certain answer without digging into the ESP systems more. (Maybe Armifer can take this one - he much more familiar with ESP than I am).

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Thoughtcast 03/06/2014 06:50 PM CST
It was worth a try. Thanks, Raesh, and thanks for saving me the test time.
Re: Thoughtcast 03/06/2014 07:03 PM CST
If it helps, Traim, you can hide albredine crystal rings with gweth-hiders now. And you can make it so that the gweth-hiders are hidden and wearable in a general "worn" slot, if you care enough.

If you're worried about the charges of the rings... I don't know, maybe we'll be able to craft them with Enchanting? In which case there's the potential for charges to increase.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Thoughtcast 03/06/2014 07:17 PM CST
>>That would rather notably increase the complexity of the spell but I can't give a certain answer without digging into the ESP systems more. (Maybe Armifer can take this one - he much more familiar with ESP than I am).

Rather notably increase the complexity of the spell is correct. It's not outside technical possibility, but the return on investment and some balance issues (Thoughtcast is already a pretty nice spell for what it does) both make me agree that it shouldn't happen.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Thoughtcast 03/06/2014 08:18 PM CST
<<If it helps, Traim, you can hide albredine crystal rings with gweth-hiders now.>>

I didn't know that! I should have noticed. Thanks Eyuve, and that definitely confirms even further that spell adjustment would not be worth it.