SHM stuff 02/27/2014 07:53 PM CST
First, messaging. This confused me at first:

pre shm
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
That will disrupt less than a quarter of your current attunement.
You raise your head skyward, chanting the equation of the Shadewatch Mirror spell.
>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>cast raikage
You can't cast that at yourself!
>find raikage
Brave Adventurer in the Realms:
Raikage.

Mistanna explained that this happens when the target is in hiding. I'd prefer to see messaging similar to locate ("You sense that Raikage is about, but can not pinpoint his location.").

Second thing: once when I left the room and came back, the mirror stayed behind. The second time I tried this, it didn't.

Help recruit more players! Is Vote!
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Bug fixes 03/02/2014 06:04 AM CST
>>Mistanna explained that this happens when the target is in hiding. I'd prefer to see messaging similar to locate ("You sense that Raikage is about, but can not pinpoint his location.").

Fixed. It wasn't parsing quite right before.

>>Second thing: once when I left the room and came back, the mirror stayed behind. The second time I tried this, it didn't.

I think I'll need more info to track this one down - though if you came back quickly the mirror won't vanish instantly.

>>If the SHM target runs through the room with the mirror, the vision stops and stays at the room with the mirror and you have to refresh the gaze in order to zone back in on the target.

This wasn't quite the bug as described there, but never-the-less I think I have it fixed.

Theaters not playing nice with DG/SHM is a known issue and one I'll have to kick in the face later (Since it's really a problem with theater code and not the spells themselves).

Likewise, perc watchers is still way out of date. I doubt I'll get to fixing that before 3.1 launches, but we'll see.

>>Gylwyn gets confused.

Hmm. Has anyone had problems with other guildleaders or just her? Unfortunately every guildleader is their own special snowflake and it's code I'm sort of familiar with but not extremely, so I'd like a better idea of what I'm diving into before I start poking around.

>>Shadowling typos.

Fixed all the ones that were reported. Please let me know if you find more.

>>SLS will target and attack (and pull from hiding) anyone that's engaged with you, regardless of the skill discrepancy between the caster's perception and the attacker's hiding.

Fixed.

>>casting RF at anything over minimum I couldn't unhide after releasing the spell.

I haven't been able to replicate this one. Has anyone else encountered it? Can someone post a lot?

>>Invoke shadow.

Funny. But fixed.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Bug fixes 03/02/2014 02:45 PM CST
>>casting RF at anything over minimum I couldn't unhide after releasing the spell.

>>I haven't been able to replicate this one. Has anyone else encountered it? Can someone post a lot?

When I jumped back into test today I was still unable to unhide without dropping a coin and picking it back up (leftover effect from when the bug occurred a few days ago). However, when I tried to replicate the bug nothing I tried worked so it must be fixed. To be clear RF seems to be working smoothly in test now.

Vote:
Re: Bug fixes 03/02/2014 07:49 PM CST
... interesting. Please keep an eye on this if anyone sees anything like it.

I doubt it's an RF specific issue but it might be some of the stealth tweaks Kodius worked on (I think? I haven't been involved in that at all).

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Bug fixes 03/02/2014 08:56 PM CST
Found and fixed a bug that was causing TF to not properly remove the prediction under some circumstances when ending (Such as being dispelled).

-Raesh

Re: Bug fixes 03/03/2014 12:28 AM CST
I've slowed down the cycle time of SoV somewhat. On the upside this means it will be somewhat less mana hungry. On the downside this means the invisibility can take longer to reform. This brings it more in line with other forms of invisibility as far as how long you're vulnerable if something exposes you.

-Raesh

Re: Bug fixes 03/03/2014 10:35 AM CST
Thanks for all your work! I'm looking forwards to 3.1. :)

I like to imagine that the popping sound of PD is kind of like the fire swamp.
Re: Bug fixes 03/03/2014 01:20 PM CST
>>I think I'll need more info to track this one down - though if you came back quickly the mirror won't vanish instantly.

Both times I ran one room over and immediately back. FWIW I prefer the mirror to stick around after the mage leaves, so that others can continue using it, but I understand if this causes problems or is simply not the design choice you've made.

>>Likewise, perc watchers is still way out of date. I doubt I'll get to fixing that before 3.1 launches, but we'll see.

Perc watchers working = yay! If there's anything we can do to help you get it working faster (testing help, messaging ideas) please let us know!

Will backtrace be coming back in 3.1?

Help recruit more players! Is Vote!
Re: Bug fixes 03/03/2014 09:41 PM CST
>>I think I'll need more info to track this one down - though if you came back quickly the mirror won't vanish instantly.

>Both times I ran one room over and immediately back. FWIW I prefer the mirror to stick around after the mage leaves, so that others can continue using it, but I understand if this causes problems or is simply not the design choice you've made.

Yeah, if you return in under a second or so this is likely to happen and I don't really see a problem with it - it's more a resource issue at that point where the spell just hasn't had a chance to check if it's still valid.

>>Likewise, perc watchers is still way out of date. I doubt I'll get to fixing that before 3.1 launches, but we'll see.

>Perc watchers working = yay! If there's anything we can do to help you get it working faster (testing help, messaging ideas) please let us know!

Not yet. Mostly it's just looking for 2.1 stuff that doesn't work that way any more and I just need to spend some time talking to it (Likely with a hammer).

>>Will backtrace be coming back in 3.1?

Yes. The problem was that no one could learn spells because the preview went over a year instead of a couple of weeks and thus no one could learn backtrace.

Will it work perfectly out the gate? Uh... I have't tested that. But I'll fix it if it doesn't.

-Raesh

Re: Bug fixes 03/04/2014 02:16 AM CST
Has anyone checked if logging out and back in with a focused moonbeam and/or distant gaze still masks moonbeams and clairvoyance to perceive moonbeam or perceive clairvoyance?

Vote: