Sorcery and Prediction 12/27/2013 10:19 PM CST
I can't cast SET or TF on another PC. SET gives me the messaging that "I can't cast that on yourself" or whatever, even if I type the target out, or try default cast while engaged. No hiding involved. TF was the same (I tried to follow a TV cast with TF).

Also, tangled fate self casts seem to provide an altered prediction that is as powerful as the mana that went into the spell, not necessarily the underlying prediction. In other words, with capped TF casts, I can get vivid TF predictions, whereas I can only get flickering TF predictions in 3.0. I love this, but I don't know if it's intended.
Re: Sorcery and Prediction 12/27/2013 10:53 PM CST
>>I can't cast SET or TF on another PC. SET gives me the messaging that "I can't cast that on yourself" or whatever, even if I type the target out, or try default cast while engaged. No hiding involved. TF was the same (I tried to follow a TV cast with TF).

Interesting. I have no idea why that would be happening, I don't recall making any changes to either spell that would account for that, so I suspect it's a core thing. I'll have to dig into it.

>>Also, tangled fate self casts seem to provide an altered prediction that is as powerful as the mana that went into the spell, not necessarily the underlying prediction. In other words, with capped TF casts, I can get vivid TF predictions, whereas I can only get flickering TF predictions in 3.0. I love this, but I don't know if it's intended.

I think this is a artifact of the new way prediction strength is calculated and me forgetting to update analyze to account for it.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Sorcery and Prediction 12/28/2013 11:18 PM CST
Checked again tonight and TV and SET work against critters. No one was around to test if PC casts work now. The predict analyze on critters with TV shows monster luminous and vivid curses (100 mana TV), not that there's anything wrong with that. TF won't cast on critters; I think that's intentional, but it'd be really cool if that limitation was taken away. TF has a very cool offensive use and if the critter can be TV'd, why not TF'd?

Given the fact that immobilize is really a very weak status effect now, is there any chance we could get nerve damage added to SET? Maybe there's other good ideas to give it teeth too.
Re: Sorcery and Prediction 12/29/2013 12:33 AM CST
Making TF work on creatures would be extremely complex (Basically an entirely new spell) for very little return (They're already cursed anyhow) - the entire way TV places predictions on critters is a hack job and actually shares essentially no mechanics.

>>Given the fact that immobilize is really a very weak status effect now, is there any chance we could get nerve damage added to SET? Maybe there's other good ideas to give it teeth too.

Immobilization shouldn't be particularly weak and SET does a full power debiliation and can do that mutliple times and at range with a single cast. Admittedly, diminishing returns make that slightly less appealing.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Sorcery and Prediction 12/29/2013 07:39 AM CST
Cool, thanks for the explanation, Raesh. It's a really cool hack jab, heh.