some things 12/10/2013 02:16 PM CST
I'm not positive if these were intended to be remedied in 3.1 or later... but figured I'd mention them anyways.

Forgetting to release DG before gazing into a mirror still makes you flop back and forth.
The method I use to 'fix' it is, recasting DG, releasing it, and then gazing into the mirror again.

SLS still does not unengage it's target when the caster is KO'ed during a challenged spar.

I've been able to cast RS, the target can focus on it and see who cast it and that it's for them, but the target hasn't been able to enter or go rift. It currently just fades away. Is the syntax different to enter the rift? Also, what happens if the caster moves before they enter the rift? Does the target summon to the caster, or to the place that the caster performed the summon at?
Also, the different colors are cool.

I like to imagine that the popping sound of PD is kind of like the fire swamp.
Re: some things 12/10/2013 07:20 PM CST
As mentioned, DG/SHM and SLS still need work done on them and aren't in a finished state.

>>I've been able to cast RS, the target can focus on it and see who cast it and that it's for them, but the target hasn't been able to enter or go rift. It currently just fades away. Is the syntax different to enter the rift? Also, what happens if the caster moves before they enter the rift? Does the target summon to the caster, or to the place that the caster performed the summon at?

All of this should be as in live and I didn't change any of it, I just changed the checks to establish the rift in the first place. You should just be able to GO through the rift. If that isn't working please provide a log so I have someone to start digging. That's true of any bug with any spell - if you can provide a log along with a bug that not only gives us specific messaging but context and is a big advantage to posting on the forums vs bug reports.

Thanks,

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
requested post on rift 12/11/2013 02:27 AM CST
I was asked to put this here, someone cast rift at me from somewhere else (after a locate)

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.
>chatter not moving
The guard searches the area with a wary eye.
>
You chatter away..
>
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.
>
The guard searches the area with a wary eye.
>chatter bah yes hangon
>
You chatter away..
>unhide
You come out of hiding.
>
A gaping rift of rippling sea-green luminscence rips through the air in front of you, followed by a sudden blast of frigid wind.
>chatter sorry go ahead
You chatter away..
>go rift
>
As you approach a flickering sea-green rift, it shudders and winks out of existence.
A flickering sea-green rift shudders briefly and vanishes.
Re: requested post on rift 12/11/2013 02:49 AM CST
Here's my half of the log. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong though... I wasn't able to get one to work in live either, but I did see someone else do it.

> look
[The Crossing, Magen Road]
The whitewashed building before you is stark and functional. A sign mounted on it is hand painted and carved with cunning skill. White-robed figures and all manner of injured and infirm people stream in and out of a double door, leaving thin trails of blood on the spotless pavement.
You also see a town guard, a glowing Hodierna orb, a pile of rocks, a blue and gold checkered cloth with several things on it, a wide arch, a large wooden barrel, a hurty thing, a metal stand with a plaque that reads SCROLLS with several things on it and a small table with a shock tester dial on it.
Also here: GameMaster Testone.
Obvious paths: east, south, west.

> prep cv
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.

You raise an arm skyward, chanting the equation of the Clear Vision spell.
> cast

You gesture.
You briefly feel less aware of your environment, then feel more aware again.

> prep locate
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.

You raise an arm skyward, chanting the equation of the Locate spell.
> harn 10

You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
R>
R>
> cast nazar

You gesture.
You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.
[The Crossing, Clanthew Boulevard]
Intimidatingly large passersby crowd around you, and you gulp as you notice most of the men and women here of all races tower above their average counterparts. They also tend to dress differently - fully equipped, even in the midst of the city - in leathers, hide and armor, weapons drawn or at the ready over shoulders or at their sides. Carefully you make your way through the throng, since something tells you this would not be a good spot to step on anyone's toes.
You also see a town guard.
Obvious paths: east, south, west.

>
You feel fully rested.
> prep rs

You raise an arm skyward, chanting the equation of the Riftal Summons spell.
>
>
Chatter[Nazaruss] not moving

> chatter were you hiding?
You chatter away..
Chatter[Mistanna] were you hiding?
>
>
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.
>
The old war veteran coughs quietly, then sighs.
>
Chatter[Nazaruss] bah yes hangon

>
>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
> cast naza

You gesture.
You focus your magical energies and sense a celestial rift open up near Nazaruss.

>
Chatter[Nazaruss] sorry go ahead

>
You feel fully rested.
>
The old war veteran mumbles quietly to himself.
> "I don't think it'll matter, I was just a little confused.
You say, "I don't think it'll matter, I was just a little confused."
>
>
Chatter[Nazaruss] yeah didn't work

I like to imagine that the popping sound of PD is kind of like the fire swamp.
Re: requested post on rift 12/11/2013 03:37 AM CST
I think that will fix it - another case of test not being synced with the most current changes in dev. Sorry.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: requested post on rift 12/13/2013 02:27 PM CST
Apologies if i missed where these are but could we get our moon mage spell scrolls available similar to the thing holding spell scrolls in front of the empath guild? i'd like to test out some of the various scroll only spells but i have not found them yet. Thanks!

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
AIM:DamianDR
Re: requested post on rift 12/14/2013 03:21 AM CST
I could likely cook something up - however I've been swamped with work lately and you might be able to lure another GM into setting something up before I'll have an opportunity.

-Raesh

Re: requested post on rift 12/14/2013 04:27 AM CST
A wizard did it.

>l
[The Crossing, Magen Road]
The whitewashed building before you is stark and functional. A sign mounted on it is hand painted and carved with cunning skill. White-robed figures and all manner of injured and infirm people stream in and out of a double door, leaving thin trails of blood on the spotless pavement. You also see a metal stand with a plaque that reads MOON WIZARD SCROLLS with several things on it, a rock, a rock, a small table with a shock tester dial on it, a metal stand with a plaque that reads SCROLLS with several things on it, a hurty thing, a large wooden barrel and a wide arch.

Melete
Events Lead
Advocates Lead
Empath Advocate
Lore Developer