IOTS Quest 12/09/2013 06:43 PM CST
IOTS "quest" works, and actually forced me to learn my "place" in the universe. Hah.
Re: IOTS Quest 12/09/2013 09:42 PM CST
As an aside on the quest - aside from "does it work or not" I'm curious about people's feelings about the quest. It's intentionally fairly simple and straightforward, and it likely won't have any major clues to it IG (A short event to introduce it and a new location is all I have in mind).

Do people like little quests like this? Does it not feel long enough? Is it more of a hassle then a fun thing on occasion? Clearly something like this isn't going to be oozing with lore and insanity like The Ways quest.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: IOTS Quest 12/09/2013 10:13 PM CST
I enjoyed it. If you know what it is you're looking at, it's certainly pretty straightforward and quick, but I don't think that hurt it. If it were to become a bit longer, I think maybe a task or puzzle to get access to the current version of the quest might be better than messing with what's currently there.

As long as they aren't something you are having to do all the time, I wouldn't say little quests like this are a hassle. Heck, I'd gladly do something like this just for access to a bit of lore, and for the sake of something neat to do, without any mechanical reward.

- Miskton
Re: IOTS Quest 12/09/2013 11:18 PM CST
I like them too. There's places for long complex quests and places for more simple ones. More of either is awesome imo.
Re: IOTS Quest 12/17/2013 07:23 PM CST
>Do people like little quests like this? Does it not feel long enough? Is it more of a hassle then a fun thing on occasion? Clearly something like this isn't going to be oozing with lore and insanity like The Ways quest.

I enjoyed it. It's nice because at the very least it makes you research the planets a little more unless you know an unhealthy amount about elanthian cosmology.

You mentioned moving it to another location. Assuming other people can see the puzzle mechanism I'd recommend the sphere reshuffle happening immediately after a successful completion of the quest instead of when the next person attempts it. As it is now if you look at before beginning you have the solution. (and it doesn't reshuffle the puzzle until the next person attempts it)