Research Projects Marked With An Asterisk 03/04/2014 08:59 AM CST
Under Research List it says, "Projects marked with an asterisk are potentially unsafe."

Is this danger aspect of the research system live in Test yet? If not, will it be implemented by the time 3.1 goes live in Prime? What exactly does "potentially unsafe" mean? (Does it mean risk of death?)

Thanks,
Aluriaz
Re: Research Projects Marked With An Asterisk 03/04/2014 09:02 AM CST
>>Is this danger aspect of the research system live in Test yet?

Yes.

>>If not, will it be implemented by the time 3.1 goes live in Prime?

Maybe?

>>What exactly does "potentially unsafe" mean? (Does it mean risk of death?)

At least from what I've seen, it's basically sorcerous backlash. On the plus side, you still get the exp when the backlash happens.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Research Projects Marked With An Asterisk 03/04/2014 09:10 AM CST
Thanks TEVESHSZAT! I was about to delete my post but saw your reply. Looking through my notes I now see where Armifer posted on 2/19 that the dangerous research tasks are now actually dangerous. So hard to keep up with all this stuff!

Aluriaz
Re: Research Projects Marked With An Asterisk 03/06/2014 01:50 AM CST
Yep, right now the do basic backlash. When backlash gets rewritten so will dangerous research.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.