Appraising Guardian Spirits 01/09/2014 11:38 AM CST
Is there any chance we could get the way appraising our GS works changed a bit? Perhaps by making it never award any experience and allow us to appraise them as often as we'd like? I often find myself wanting to appraise it more frequently than is allowed to see how it changes with things like offensive/defensive stance, and the addition of Vigor. I'm never looking for experience when I appraise it, but I seem to recall that being the reason for the large timer.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Appraising Guardian Spirits 01/09/2014 03:19 PM CST
>>Lambl: I'm never looking for experience when I appraise it, but I seem to recall that being the reason for the large timer.

That was the original reason. You could quickly lock appraisal by repeatedly appraising your own (at the time) avenger.

Another option would be to allow repeated appraisal but just use an experience timer, similar to the experience timer for appraising the same item or monster.

I'd actually be in favor of removing the appraisal experience from warriors and letting anyone appraise anyone else's warrior. (Right now, the only person who can appraise a warrior is the Empath who summoned it.)

You feel your Heart Link with a mug of zombie's revenge fade away.

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Appraising Guardian Spirits 01/17/2014 02:08 AM CST
>>I'd actually be in favor of removing the appraisal experience from warriors and letting anyone appraise anyone else's warrior. (Right now, the only person who can appraise a warrior is the Empath who summoned it.)

Okay, I updated this somewhat.

Anyone can now appraise a guardian spirit, but only the summoner can learn from appraising it -- on a timer. So you can appraise more often, you just won't learn.

Melete
Events Lead
Advocates Lead
Empath Advocate
Lore Developer
Re: Appraising Guardian Spirits 01/17/2014 02:14 PM CST
>>DR-Melete: Anyone can now appraise a guardian spirit, but only the summoner can learn from appraising it -- on a timer. So you can appraise more often, you just won't learn.

Thanks, Melete!

You feel your Heart Link with a mug of zombie's revenge fade away.

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html