Maneuver Question 03/01/2014 12:09 PM CST
<<<
Cleave - Swords. Moderate damage bonus, ignores shield.
Crash - Blunts. Great damage bonus, ignores parry.
Impale - Polearms. Exceptional damage bonus, ignores armor.
Twirl - Staves. Exceptional damage bonus, ignores Evasion.
Palmstrike - Unarmed. Incredible accurate, moderate damage bonus, shorter cooldown.
Powershot - Bows, Slings, Crossbows, Slingbows. Incredibly accurate, moderate damage bonus.
Doublestrike - Dual Wielding. Moderately accurate, great damage bonus, 2 attacks.
Suplex - Grappling. Incredibly accurate, great damage bonus, knocks enemy over. >>

What is the impetus behind having certain weapon types receive more damage bonus? Just to get people to use lesser used weapons? Is it because of the skill its ignoring?

Shouldn't the bonus be equal across weapon groups since some weapons by their design are more damaging?

- Buuwl
Re: Maneuver Question 03/01/2014 12:14 PM CST
I do like that the survival primes are getting thrown a bone here. I don't know many people with staves in the mid 1000s....

- Buuwl
Re: Maneuver Question 03/01/2014 02:52 PM CST
The different damage bonuses are intended to balance out the defense-ignoring capabilities, and the overall "stats" and ease-of-use of the different weapon types. It gives some of the lesser-used weapon types a boost.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Maneuver Question 03/01/2014 02:59 PM CST
Makes sense so its more the second part of the equation I.E. ignores evasion, that drives the damage modifier...

- Buuwl
Re: Maneuver Question 03/01/2014 03:01 PM CST
And the fact there are better weapons in general...

- Buuwl
Re: Maneuver Question 03/02/2014 08:27 AM CST
>>The different damage bonuses are intended to balance out the defense-ignoring capabilities, and the overall "stats" and ease-of-use of the different weapon types. It gives some of the lesser-used weapon types a boost.

With this in mind can you give sling Powershot2 "Incredibly accurate, great damage bonus." :)

Codiax.
Vote: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html