Maneuver Shockage 02/28/2014 06:05 PM CST
So this is a pretty big deal. There appears to be a problem at the intersection of Maneuvers and Empathic Shock. Namely, they don't cause it when they should. I tried with Palmstrike, cleave, and Impale against gryphons.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Maneuver Shockage 02/28/2014 07:57 PM CST
Uh, clearly you were harnessing your empathic aura to...cleave them...without, uh, injury.

Ya. You're teaching them how to mitosisify. Right.
Re: Maneuver Shockage 03/03/2014 05:45 AM CST
This should be fixed. You may notice that the message is very slightly delayed, but that's to be expected. Basically, there's not an easy way to hook the messaging into the actual attack -- it would show up due to Reasons, before the attack messaging, like this...

Swiftly, you attempt to cleave through Etelem with your dagger!
Pain blossoms within you, your delicate empathic senses singing with agony. You feel the wound to the other life essence almost before it happens, your empathy focusing and magnifying the pain you have caused. You draw back instinctively, your empathy recoiling, leaving you briefly stunned.
Anguish wracks your psyche as your victim's life essence gutters out. Your mind cringes back from what you have done, though you cannot help but share the confusion and torment of your fellow being's final moments.
You realize that you can no longer sense the life essences around you, a numb coldness gripping you. Cut off from the world, you feel blind and deaf, everything seeming dull and without luster. Your breath roars in your ears as the world lurches and reels around you, a feeling of sickly nausea roiling in the pit of your stomach.
Your dagger lands a powerful strike to Etelem's right eye!
* Etelem is slain before your eyes!
[You're solidly balanced and in dominating position.]
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Instead it shows up a split second, to a second or so, after the actual attack. Though I can be convinced to do it the way shown above, if it showing up a little after is too confusing for people.

I started a new thread in the Empath folders about the shock bug fixes -- further discussion should go there. Thanks!

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Dragon%20Realms%203.1%20Test/Empaths/view/95

Melete
Events Lead
Advocates Lead
Empath Advocate
S'Kra Mur Race Co-Champion
Lore Developer
Re: Maneuver Shockage 03/03/2014 06:58 PM CST
// * Etelem is slain before your eyes.

You MONSTER!!!!
Re: Maneuver Shockage 03/03/2014 08:58 PM CST
>>* Etelem is slain before your eyes.
>>You MONSTER!!!!