Critter Special Attacks 01/13/2014 05:49 PM CST
Not sure if this is getting changed, but I feel a number of critter special attacks are fairly wonky with respect to their accuracy and power. For example, Pivuh's breath attack periodically hits a 500 defenses character for 10-15% vitality + wounds. Upper gryphons are similar; their knockdown and stun lands very frequently, but they can't hit the same character stunned and prone.

Not sure if these attacks are getting looked at or if they're as intended.
Re: Critter Special Attacks 01/13/2014 07:53 PM CST
the wings do nothing against snow hawks, they do Nothing!!!

that is all

Re: Critter Special Attacks 01/13/2014 08:06 PM CST
Critter special attacks need some fixing. The problem is its on a critter by critter basis. For example, the Pivuh attack cannot be parried. Does that explain what you might be seeing?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Critter Special Attacks 01/13/2014 08:11 PM CST
>>Critter special attacks need some fixing. The problem is its on a critter by critter basis. For example, the Pivuh attack cannot be parried. Does that explain what you might be seeing?

That is one of the issues some of these special attacks seem to "blow" trough defences a lot more than they should.
As bad as that is the amount of dmg these things do is the real issue however. Example would be the Malchata Sand Attack. Miss, miss, miss, miss, BAM!!! Your down 30 to 40% vitality and bleeding all over ONE HIT.

Dancer spirit TM attack is another one that seems to do far more damage than it should and hit far too offten.

Same goes for the Adnaf Shadow Mage thing I posted earlier.

Yeah... literally creature by creature. As bad as that sounds it should get some attention as some of these have been "brokenish" since 3.0 came out and that takes away a lot of "huntables" at certain lvls because their special attacks are just too "special".
Re: Critter Special Attacks 01/13/2014 08:19 PM CST
Well, if I had the resources it would get done sooner. Our resources are strained very thin these days.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Critter Special Attacks 01/13/2014 08:23 PM CST
>>Well, if I had the resources it would get done sooner. Our resources are strained very thin these days.

I know and appreciate the work and response.
Re: Critter Special Attacks 01/13/2014 08:46 PM CST
When hunting in there I stay in stance shield, but yeah, if I was in mixed or parry, I'd be hit with it more.

If it's a critter by critter, yeah, big problem going to be blurgtastic. Ah well!