Throwing throw specific weapons. 01/01/2014 03:50 PM CST
Has anyone checked the hit/damage being done by throw weapons vs throwing a non throw weapon with lob/throw/hurl? I need to get 2 weapons with the same stats and test this out. I threw a hhr'ata at a garg and then my sterak axe. The axe was consistently hitting 20/23 to 23/23 while the hhr was doing 15 to 20. I really think there should be some (LARGE) advantage for using a throw weapon vs one not specifically designed for throwing.

But I need 2 weapons with the same stats to do this. Maybe a GM could give me one of each for testing purposes vs. me spending hours trying to come up with 2 matching ones?

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Forging Guru of M'Riss
Re: Throwing throw specific weapons. 01/01/2014 06:09 PM CST
There's a higher RT for non-thrown throwing...
try like a carving knife and a throwing dagger

Re: Throwing throw specific weapons. 01/01/2014 06:36 PM CST

>There's a higher RT for non-thrown throwing...

Been meaning to mention, the higher RTs arent kicking in with LOB and HURL.

So for example right now the win button is HURL-ing your 135 stone greatsword for 5-6 seconds rt, whereas THROW-ing the same greatsword gets 8-9 seconds.
Re: Throwing throw specific weapons. 01/01/2014 10:27 PM CST
>> So for example right now the win button is HURL-ing your 135 stone greatsword for 5-6 seconds rt, whereas THROW-ing the same greatsword gets 8-9 seconds.

Kodius implemented a flat miss % to account for the lower RT, or soemthing like that. Not sure what the intended effect of HURL with it is, though.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."