Throwing at a hidden target while invis, bug. 01/01/2014 05:48 AM CST
I> sear
You search around for a moment.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
You notice a Dragon Priest intercessor, who is quite obviously attempting to remain hidden.

> throw int

A Dragon Priest intercessor turns to face a Dragon Priest intercessor.
Moving in with powerful grace, a Dragon Priest intercessor throws a black throwing axe set with a trilliant cut night diamond at a Dragon Priest intercessor. A Dragon Priest intercessor attempts to evade, only partially avoiding the impact. The axe lands a good strike (3/22) to her back!
The throwing axe falls to the ground!
As if effort and skill were a bad thing, a Dragon Priest intercessor throws a black throwing axe set with a trilliant cut night diamond at a Dragon Priest intercessor. A Dragon Priest intercessor dodges. The axe lands a light hit (1/22) to her back sending her flying head over heels!
Re: Throwing at a hidden target while invis, bug. 01/11/2014 05:48 PM CST

I thought people would like this one, as its probably the most hilarious bug I've seen in a while.

Oh well, guess I'm the only one that thinks its funny.

Still an issue BTW, just was checking up on everything else I could think of and thought I'd mention it... not trying to rush or pressure anyone, really.

:D
Re: Throwing at a hidden target while invis, bug. 01/12/2014 11:01 AM CST
I fixed the being able to unhide/throw at invisible targets a while back. Can you please check it again for me?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Throwing at a hidden target while invis, bug. 01/12/2014 01:02 PM CST
Other than the bold-ing this is a 100% unedited log from test @ 1:00pm CST on 01/12/2014 (today, right now).

> khri start sil

Turning inwards, you find the still silent spot within you. Focusing on that point, you allow the silence to spread gently through your body and then out into the world, until you fade away from the world itself.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
You notice the Dragon Priest intercessor attempting to stealthily advance upon you!
The Dragon Priest intercessor advances from nearby and is closing steadily.
R> wie axe

With fluid and stealthy movements you draw a black throwing axe set with a trilliant cut night diamond from the chest harness concealed beneath your bone hauberk.
> throw

A Dragon Priest intercessor stops advancing.
A Dragon Priest intercessor turns to face a Dragon Priest intercessor.
Moving with powerful grace, a Dragon Priest intercessor throws a black throwing axe set with a trilliant cut night diamond at a Dragon Priest intercessor. A Dragon Priest intercessor barely fails to block with metal bracer. The axe lands a hard hit (5/22) to her left leg!
That would have stuck if there was anything left to stick to!
Looking as if this were a bad idea, a Dragon Priest intercessor throws a black throwing axe set with a trilliant cut night diamond at a Dragon Priest intercessor. A Dragon Priest intercessor dodges. The axe lands a light hit (1/22) to her left leg sending her flying head over heels!
That would have stuck if there was anything left to stick to!

The bug doesn't come from me being invisible, it just gives me a bigger window to show you the bug, but I've done this with several critters that spawn/advance in stealth. They end up stealing my weapon, and throwing it at themselves twice.

This is separate from the bug you mentioned. Please see the bold-ed sections.
Re: Throwing at a hidden target while invis, bug. 01/12/2014 01:11 PM CST
That's so funny, I'm half hoping it's a feature.

I think it just got pissed off at its pal for letting you get away.
Re: Throwing at a hidden target while invis, bug. 01/12/2014 07:20 PM CST
Geesh, no clue where THAT bug is coming from. Might be that critter's AI. Has anyone seen other critters do this?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Throwing at a hidden target, bug. 01/12/2014 07:48 PM CST

DP intercessors
DP assassins
Clouded Arzumos
Misenseor Resuscitant

I really think its anything that hides.

Just incase I wasn't clear I wanna point out again that I was wrong in my original post about me being invisible being a part of this bug.

It just happens anytime I throw a weapon at a critter in hiding (that I obviously have the spot effect on)... I have yet to find one that it doesn't happen with.
Re: Throwing at a hidden target, bug. 01/13/2014 10:27 AM CST

Oh yeah, and Moths. Knew there was another one I was forgetting about.