Maneuver Doublestrike followed by Cleave - Interesting results. 12/27/2013 04:17 AM CST
Ok this is the log of the first doublestrike, followed by cleave. Notice the really interesting cleave. Then I show it a second time with different results:

>maneuver doublestrike
You raise your weapons before you and prepare to strike.

>* A fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You barely block with a shalswar-hide buckler.
[You're bruised, solidly balanced with opponent in better position.]
>* Moving well, a young forest gryphon snaps its sharp beak at you. You barely fail to block with buckler. The beak lands a light hit to your left arm.
[You're bruised, solidly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]
>* A fledgling forest gryphon rears, buffeting its wings at you. You fend off little of the wings with an onyx-hilted scimitar.
[You're bruised, solidly balanced with opponent in good position.]
>* Moving poorly, a fledgling forest gryphon snaps its sharp beak at you. You beat off little of the beak with an onyx-hilted scimitar.

>You rush at a fledgling forest gryphon, lashing out with your scimitar!

Your onyx-hilted scimitar lands a glancing strike to a fledgling forest gryphon's abdomen!
Your attack momentum continues with a second strike of your hanger!

A fledgling forest gryphon deftly sidesteps your hanger.

Roundtime: 4 sec.

R>* A fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You dodge, barely leaning out of harm's reach.
[You're bruised, solidly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
R>* A young forest gryphon snaps its sharp beak at you. You barely block with a shalswar-hide buckler.
[You're bruised, solidly balanced with opponent dominating.]
R>* Trying poorly, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You beat off little of the claws with an onyx-hilted scimitar.
[You're bruised, solidly balanced with no advantage.]
>* Moving inexpertly, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You dodge, barely stepping to one side.
>* A fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You barely block with a shalswar-hide buckler.
>You feel fully rested.
>* Moving weakly, a young forest gryphon snaps its sharp beak at you. You dodge, leaning to one side with no room to spare.
[You're bruised, solidly balanced with opponent in very strong position.]
>* Timing it well, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You attempt to evade. The claws lands a light hit to your left arm.
>* Moving poorly, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You slap away little of the claws with an onyx-hilted scimitar.
[You're bruised, solidly balanced with opponent in strong position.]
>* A fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You evade, barely leaning out of harm's reach.
>* A young forest gryphon snaps its sharp beak at you. You evade, barely twisting out of harm's reach.
[You're bruised, solidly balanced with opponent dominating.]
>* Trying poorly, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You barely block with a shalswar-hide buckler.
>* Moving well, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You attempt to dodge. The claws lands a brushing strike to your chest.

>maneuver cleave
You lower your shoulders and steady your weapon.

>* A fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You evade, stepping aside in the nick of time.
>* Trying poorly, a young forest gryphon snaps its sharp beak at you. You barely block with a shalswar-hide buckler.
>* A fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You evade, barely managing to get out of the way.
>* Moving poorly, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You evade, barely leaning out of harm's reach.

>Dashing in, you attempt to cleave a fledgling forest gryphon in half!

Your onyx-hilted scimitar lands a glancing strike to a fledgling forest gryphon's right foreleg!
You swing the hanger and follow through with a second attack! <<NOTICE THIS>>

Now the second one:

>maneuver doublestrike
You raise your weapons before you and prepare to strike.

>You rush at a fledgling forest gryphon, lashing out with your scimitar!

Your onyx-hilted scimitar lands a strong hit to a fledgling forest gryphon's left hind leg!
Your attack momentum continues with a second strike of your hanger!

R>* Moving inexpertly, a young forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You barely block with a shalswar-hide buckler.
R>* A fledgling forest gryphon rears, buffeting its wings at you. You barely block with a shalswar-hide buckler.
R>* A fledgling forest gryphon snaps its sharp beak at you. You barely block with a shalswar-hide buckler.
[You're bruised, solidly balanced and have slight advantage.]
R>* Moving inexpertly, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You barely block with a shalswar-hide buckler.
R>* A young forest gryphon snaps its sharp beak at you. You barely block with a shalswar-hide buckler.
>* Trying poorly, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You dodge, ducking in the nick of time.
>Tail lashing, a fledgling forest gryphon pounces playfully at a moonbeam.
>A fledgling forest gryphon stretches, first one wing, then the other, ruffling its feathers as it does.
>You feel fully rested.

>maneuver cleave
You lower your shoulders and steady your weapon.

>* Moving poorly, a young forest gryphon snaps its sharp beak at you. You evade, just managing to get out of a tight spot.
>* A fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You evade, stepping aside in the nick of time.
[You're bruised, solidly balanced with opponent in superior position.]

>Dashing in, you attempt to cleave a fledgling forest gryphon in half!

Your onyx-hilted scimitar lands a glancing strike to a fledgling forest gryphon's right foreleg!

<<Notice on the second one no use of the hanger even though its still in my hand.>>

Oh.... I did a CRASH with a war hammer skill (173 I think small blunt with melee mastery near 230 or 240). Just so folks can see how it worked on this gryphon I did the doublestrike and cleave on.

>maneuver crash
You take a step back and heft your hammer behind you.

>* Trying weakly, a fledgling forest gryphon snaps its sharp beak at you. You knock aside little of the beak with a war hammer.
>* Trying weakly, a fledgling forest gryphon snaps its sharp beak at you. You dodge, barely managing to get out of the way.

>You turn to face a fledgling forest gryphon.
Making an agile leap, you lash out in an attempt to cleave a fledgling forest gryphon in half!

Your war hammer lands a glancing strike to a fledgling forest gryphon's right foreleg!

Ranger Pfanston and his soggy pup.
Re: Maneuver Doublestrike followed by Cleave - Interesting results. 12/27/2013 10:11 AM CST
>>Ok this is the log of the first doublestrike, followed by cleave. Notice the really interesting cleave.

IIRC, all maneuvers have a possibility to have the offhand weapon also trigger, but it's a 100% chance with doublestrike.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Maneuver Doublestrike followed by Cleave - Interesting results. 12/27/2013 10:13 AM CST
thats odd - also how often do you miss with the second strike of double strike? I noticed I missed with my second attack as well, seems odd but I didnt test it alot.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Maneuver Doublestrike followed by Cleave - Interesting results. 12/27/2013 09:17 PM CST
Checked my logs and in gryphons I miss with the off hand in doublestrike 100% of the time.

Re: Maneuver Doublestrike followed by Cleave - Interesting results. 12/27/2013 09:20 PM CST
How much main hand and off hand skill? Are you missing because the enemy is dead?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Maneuver Doublestrike followed by Cleave - Interesting results. 12/27/2013 09:48 PM CST

I have never killed with a doublestrike so no the critter is not dead. In fact I can document better hits using feint than using doublestrike. I have used feint to kill gryphons with no problem at all. I believe I showed what skill I used in those doublestrike/cleaves

Shield Usage: 286 62%
Light Armor: 343 30%
Parry Ability: 329 53%
Small Edged: 351 52%
Debilitation: 410 36%
Evasion: 403 77%

Hmmm I didnt get tactics but its around 420.

Think my off hand is only around 50 or so. Used scimitar as main weapon and hanger as off hand.
In fact using crash with 173 skill (war hammer) I got better hit than any cleave or doublestrike gave. 351 vs 173 skill. Shrug. Dont get that many changes to actually go hunt these days. Maybe 2 to 3 times per year.

Going to try crash and impale and twirl in smaller critters now.

Ranger Pfanston and his soggy pup
Re: Maneuver Doublestrike followed by Cleave - Interesting results. 12/27/2013 10:53 PM CST
>>Pfanston

Looking at the app, you weren't stanced offense 0 or something were you? They app'd crazy hard to your weapon.

Samsaren
Re: Maneuver Doublestrike followed by Cleave - Interesting results. 12/27/2013 11:08 PM CST
Nope

You are now set to use your attack stance:

Attack : 100%
Evade : 95%
Parry : 40%
Block : 50%

Thats how I appraised it.

Ranger Pfanston and his soggy pup
Re: Maneuver Doublestrike followed by Cleave - Interesting results. 12/28/2013 12:14 AM CST
>>Think my off hand is only around 50 or so

So why would you expect Doublestrike to hit on the second strike?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Maneuver Doublestrike followed by Cleave - Interesting results. 12/28/2013 12:45 AM CST

<<So why would you expect Doublestrike to hit on the second strike?>>

I didn't. Had no clue what was used in it and was asked how often I hit on the second strike. None in gryphons. Did not know why or anything else about it just said none. Why would you think this means I expect to hit on the second strike?

However please notice all the maneuvers I listed on 3 or 4 posts. Notice on a couple crash maneuvers it says I attempt to cleave the critter with my hammer. The messages do not all appear to be correct. On one impale it says I attempt to cleave the critter with my spear.... ok? Does that sound right? Just more data points I think.