Unable to Learn Spells 02/25/2014 02:17 AM CST
So I'm not sure if this is a large-scale issue, or if perhaps it's just my character, but I'm completely unable to retain spells when attempting to learn them from the guildleader. This first happened during the last mass testing session, and I mentioned it then, but figured I'd post here just to double up since it's still happening.

>ask silv about magic
Silvyrfrost pulls down one of the books from the stacks upon her desk, briskly turning through the pages until she finds one that she wants. "All right, Noopin," she says, "I can teach you about many enchantes, including the Glythtide's Joy spell from the Fae Arts book, the Albreda's Balm and Faenella's Grace spells from the Emotion Control book, the Eillie's Cry and Aura of Tongues spells from the Sound Manipulation book, and the Caress of the Sun spell from the Elemental Invocations book."

Silvyrfrost continues, "Simply ask about them by name, and I will tell you what I can."
>choose caress of the sun spell
Silvyrfrost leads you to one side, sitting you down in a hard, straight-backed chair and patiently begins to teach you the notes of the Caress of the Sun enchante. It takes several tries, but you eventually get the basics down strongly enough that she lets you perform it on your own for a short while. Even then, she stops you periodically to correct your rhythm, perfecting each nuance of your technique until you have it down perfectly.

With a thoughtful, appraising glance in your direction, Silvyrfrost finally nods, and leads you back to the main room. "You will learn better how to perform this enchante by playing it yourself, now," she says. "Be sure to practice often."
>spell

You know no spells.

You have temporarily memorized the Lay Ward [lw] spell.

You recall proficiency with the magic feats of Faster Targeting, Faster Battle Preparations, Faster Matrices, Faster Rituals, Augmentation Mastery, Debilitation Mastery, Targeted Mastery, Improvised Rituals, Cautious Casting, Injured Casting, Deep Attunement, Raw Channeling, Efficient Channeling, Efficient Harnessing, Magic Theorist and Dedicated Cambrinth Use.

You have 46 spell slots available.

You are currently set to recognize known spells when prepared by someone else in the area. (Use SPELL RECOGNIZE OFF to change this.)
You are currently set to display full cast messaging. (Use SPELL BRIEFMSG ON to change this.)
You are NOT currently attempting to hide your spell preparing. (Use PREPARE /HIDE to change this.)
You can use SPELL STANCE [HELP] to view or modify your spellcasting preferences.
Re: Unable to Learn Spells 02/25/2014 02:27 AM CST
Scratch that, TEST WIPE just cleared it up.

All systems go.