I promise, I tried! 01/13/2014 12:45 AM CST
But I cannot for the life of me find a post that details the changes to Bard Spells 3.1. Can someone direct me please? DISCERN isn't doing it for me.

Thanks,
GENT
Re: I promise, I tried! 01/13/2014 01:24 AM CST
This tree is what I used:

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/User:Mrbobcat/Sandbox

But I couldn't find any notes on changes either.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: I promise, I tried! 01/13/2014 02:00 AM CST
If this information is readily available (i.e. from GMs or players) it would help a lot!

I've done some pretty extensive testing on EXP and other assorted things, but I don't have much to say about what the spells actually do, because I don't know what all has changed. I'd love to provide more detailed feedback! (And I have this week off before school fires up again)!

Thanks,
GENT
Re: I promise, I tried! 01/13/2014 05:21 AM CST
I'm not ignoring you guys, I'm just not the best person to respond - I put together the initial draft of some of the changes (Which was posted in GM announces, I believe, awhile back) but Ricinus has done almost all of the coding so he would know the detailed answers to your questions better than I.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: I promise, I tried! 01/13/2014 09:21 AM CST
The thread Spells Update? in the Bards General Discussion folder has a ton of info through the Q & A. Aside from that I don't have the info here in front of me to put together again at the moment.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: I promise, I tried! 01/13/2014 08:25 PM CST
Thanks R&R, I will cobble that info together (and maybe even post it over here).

GENT
Re: I promise, I tried! 01/13/2014 09:11 PM CST
This is all I could find. I still am not sure what DEMA is supposed to do anymore... or what the "quirks" of Nexus are. Any hints?

>Aether Wolves - This is now a single target debuff. Instead of draining mana it reduces mana regen on player targets.
>Nexus - This is no longer a cyclic spell. It now acts as an area mana booster with some... quirks I'll let you see. (Ricinus went above and beyond on this one).
>Abandon Heart - This is a cyclic AoE TM spell that hits fatigue and spirit.
>Resonance - Weapon buff spells like this are going to seem some changes, but the main thing is the (somewhat broken) bonding feature is going to go away.
>Desert Maelstrom - This spell is currently doing way too much (Much like Abandon Heart), but we haven't yet nailed down exactly what it will be doing.

Thanks!
GENT
Re: I promise, I tried! 01/14/2014 12:18 AM CST
DEMA is a single cast aoe debilitation spell that debuffs Discipline and causes a pulsing balance loss.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: I promise, I tried! 01/14/2014 03:40 AM CST
Thanks Ricinus!

GENT