Resonance 12/16/2013 06:57 PM CST
Trains Utility great during the initial cast, but it doesn't appear to be granting any experience if you cast a second time to remove the spell from the weapon.

And while we're here, I'll add that I'm not the biggest fan of this functionality in general. I would definitely prefer Seldaren's earlier suggestion that resonance be self-cast, if that's in any way doable.

>>Making it cast on the bard instead of the weapon would accomplish the no-hand-off goal without restricting it to one weapon at a time, so it could be compatible with dual-wielding, which Kodius has been making more attractive recently.

Anywho, that aside, here's the log of the issue I had:

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate fraction
Utility: 406 10.55% considering (6/34)

Time Development Points: 564 Favors: 10 Deaths: 137 Departs: 125
Overall state of mind: clear
EXP HELP for more information
>focus ax
You focus your magical senses on a light kertig throwing axe.
You sense the Resonance spell on a light kertig throwing axe, which should last about 26 minutes.

The throwing axe has no discernible magical pattern.
Roundtime: 6 sec.
>pre resonanc
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
You trace a careful sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Resonance spell.
>charg armb 15
You harness a moderate amount of energy and attempt to channel it into your cambrinth armband.
You are able to channel all the energy into the armband.
The cambrinth armband absorbs all of the energy.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>charg armb 15
You harness a moderate amount of energy and attempt to channel it into your cambrinth armband.
You are able to channel all the energy into the armband.
The cambrinth armband absorbs all of the energy.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>invoke my armb spell
>
The cambrinth armband pulses with Elemental energy. You reach for its center and forge a magical link to it, readying all of its mana for your use. By directing your focus, you ensure that mana is drawn only when spells are cast.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
>harn 10
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>harn 10
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and add it to the moderate amount already streaming around you.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>cast my axe
You gesture at a light kertig throwing axe.
You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.
Your cambrinth armband emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
You feel your axe immediately still.
>skill util

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate fraction
Utility: 406 10.55% considering (6/34)

Time Development Points: 564 Favors: 10 Deaths: 137 Departs: 125
Overall state of mind: clear
EXP HELP for more information
Re: Resonance 12/16/2013 08:24 PM CST
>>I would definitely prefer Seldaren's earlier suggestion that resonance be self-cast,

I would prefer this too.

-- Player of Eyuve