Templar Mastery 01/29/2014 01:19 AM CST
Howdy folks. Spent a little time today rewriting magical item destruction and finishing Templar Mastery.

Scrolls can now be SMASHED and EATEN.

There is a tiny chance that destroying items will tank your IF, and a small chance of it negatively impacting it. A large chance of a minor IF gain and a tiny chance of a large IF gain.

Templar Mastery prevents IF loss when destroying magic items.

Templar Mastery lets you check your # of destroyed magic items with MEDITATE FLAME.

For example:

You begin to meditate upon the chakrel amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.
Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of beautiful flames extending a little over half your height again above you.
Glimmering wisps feed into the aura shining about you.
A lake of disintegrated magical items envelops the land below.

When you see that message, know that you are 3% of the way to the cap! Yes, the cap is high enough that you probably won't hit it before the heat death of the universe. But I have faith in you.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Templar Mastery 01/29/2014 08:50 AM CST
Neat, but get some sleep man.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Templar Mastery 01/29/2014 09:02 AM CST
RL work had me up :( Phone calls with Asian countries always go too late! Working on the Guild spared me some of the frustrations ensuing from language barrier.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Templar Mastery 01/29/2014 09:18 AM CST
(serious suggestion)

It might not be a bad idea if players and staff (particularly staff) resisted the temptation to abbreviate skill names, elements of the game like "inner fire (IF)", etc.

The boards aren't as helpful to new players who have a long way to go before they know the lexicon so well they have mastered the abbreviations, and old players who haven't played every guild may want to understand what folks are talking about as well - considering the massive additions to both the game and the lexicon over the past couple of years.

I've thought about this from time to time.
Re: Templar Mastery 01/29/2014 10:33 PM CST
I know we're in Barbarians, but any chance any of this code could be used to do something similar for destroying 'evil'/'Sorcery'/'Necromantic' items for Paladins and soul state or what not?

More asking if, not can you do it (which I know you can), nor asking if you will (because I stated before you should be getting sleep and stuff, but whatever works for taking caring of language barriers is great).

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Templar Mastery 01/29/2014 11:10 PM CST
Hmm, interesting idea. We'll have to see.

Re: Templar Mastery 01/30/2014 12:21 PM CST
Love the idea.