FORM Experience Changes 12/28/2013 12:13 AM CST
As a result of the change to cyclic exp, Form experience has been rewritten.

Forms will now give a large amount of experience when they have completely powered up (about a minute). You are free to stop and restart them once they've powered up to gain more experience (though I personally think that is annoying and could get you killed in combat).

To help ease the pain, Barbarians can now MEDITATE <abilityname> and learn more about that ability, and get a good chunk of experience of the type that ability would normally award. This has a moderate cooldown, but allows you to train without cycling your Forms on and off all the time.

Experience awards for Berserks, Roars and Meditations were unchanged because they only give experience in a single shot.

Please let me know how this is working out for you.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: FORM Experience Changes 12/28/2013 07:09 AM CST
When is it going live? I don't see the meditate <ability> thing working in prime.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: FORM Experience Changes 12/28/2013 07:29 AM CST
Oh... I had what we call a senior moment (at a rather young age) and forgot I was in the test folder. Disregard and have a great day!

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: FORM Experience Changes 12/28/2013 08:33 AM CST
>> To help ease the pain, Barbarians can now MEDITATE <abilityname> and learn more about that ability, and get a good chunk of experience of the type that ability would normally award. This has a moderate cooldown, but allows you to train without cycling your Forms on and off all the time.

Sorry, I don't have a character in test that can answer these:

Does this force kneeling/sitting?

Does it require that you have the ability actively running to meditate on it?
Re: FORM Experience Changes 12/28/2013 11:11 AM CST
So you can MEDITATE SWAN, say, in combat with swan up, but it doesn't appear to teach any Warding. This is with 230 Warding. Augmentation training forms seem to teach a good chunk of Aug xp, and MEDITATE RAGE taught a touch of Debilitation, but MEDITATE SWAN/TURTLE taught zero Warding. This is at 273 Aug, and 231 Warding.

Also, if MEDITATE [abilityname] is meant as a reminder of what the abilities do, as well as teaching a tad of that ability, it obviously doesn't work for meditations. It does display info on Berserks, Forms, and Roars. By 'work', in this context, I mean 'displays information about the ability', not 'teaches a good chunk of experience of the type that ability would normally award' as you stated Kodius.

Curiously, MEDITATE BEAR didn't work, even though I have the ability. It seems to stand alone in the forms I know that does this;
>meditate bear
You ponder that, briefly, but decide to let it go for now.

I'm not sure if you've changed something about the way IF pulses occur Kodius, because I can no longer hold these two forms indefinitely. They fall after maybe 5m of not doing anything, despite where the passive regen mark is.

Also, I have not selected a powermonger (or was it strategos? I forget), but I can also see times listed on my abilities in roisaen, which I believe is not supposed to be happening;
You are currently practicing the Swan Form and will hold focus of it for 65 roisaen.
You are currently practicing the Monkey Form and will hold focus of it for 69 roisaen.
/

You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.
Re: FORM Experience Changes 12/28/2013 12:24 PM CST
>>Does this force kneeling/sitting?

No.

>>Does it require that you have the ability actively running to meditate on it?

No.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: FORM Experience Changes 12/28/2013 02:06 PM CST
Ok so I made some adjustments. You now much MEDITATE RESEARCH <abilityname>. This allows you to research meditations as well.

Please let me know how it looks.

Re: FORM Experience Changes 12/28/2013 07:10 PM CST
Seems to be working, but the XP gain seems inconsistent. I'm not sure how this is set up, if it's a timer per skill or per ability category or per ability, but I managed to gain XP on Augmentation but not Warding.

At the very least, since I don't think it's difficult to train Aug/Warding/Debil, having this as a reminder of what everything does is handy.