Powermonger 12/09/2013 05:08 PM CST
No buffs up:

> med flame
You begin to meditate upon the chakrel amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.
Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of beautiful flames extending out around you about half again your height.
A slight draft interferes with the aura shining about you.

You recall that you have 1 training sessions remaining with the Guild.
You have received training in 9 abilities from the Path of the Horde.
You have received training in 12 abilities from the Path of the Flame.
You have received training in 10 abilities from the Path of the Predator.

You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.

Bear/Monkey/Turtle/Owl/Piranha up:
> med flame

>
You begin to meditate upon the chakrel amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.
Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of beautiful flames extending a little over half your height again above you.
A slight draft interferes with the aura shining about you.

You recall that you have 1 training sessions remaining with the Guild.
You have received training in 9 abilities from the Path of the Horde.
You have received training in 12 abilities from the Path of the Flame.
You have received training in 10 abilities from the Path of the Predator.

You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Powermonger 12/10/2013 12:51 AM CST
Sorry, Powermonger is for MEDITATE POWER.

You are currently practicing the Dragon Form and will hold focus of it for 89 roisaen.
You are currently practicing the Piranha Form and will hold focus of it for 89 roisaen.
You are currently practicing the Monkey Form and will hold focus of it for 89 roisaen.
You are currently practicing the Swan Form and will hold focus of it for 89 roisaen.

Does that look right?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Powermonger 12/10/2013 02:20 AM CST
>> Sorry, Powermonger is for MEDITATE POWER.

That's not what I was getting at.

After learning power monger, meditate flame was stuck in the 'slight draft' state regardless of what forms I put up. I had turtle up when I learned it.

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Powermonger 12/13/2013 10:20 PM CST
Any chance you could look into it?

Aside from Powermonger breaking my MEDITATE FLAME(It always shows 'slight draft' now no matter how many buffs I have up), it does not show up on EXP MODS as +IF, either. Odd because Titan shows +Augmentation.

Also, Tribalist doesn't show +Debilitation.

Re: Powermonger 12/15/2013 10:09 AM CST
Yes.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Powermonger 12/15/2013 11:13 AM CST
Kodius, I posted before about sill getting a bunch of glancing when way underhunting. I would gladly come into test and show you what is happening. maneu doublestrike is what I am having issues with.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Forging Guru of M'Riss
Re: Powermonger 12/15/2013 01:29 PM CST
Yes, I am aware of the glancing problem. I am very sick and cannot address it right now.

That being said, I think Powermonger and Duelist should now be working better. Please let me know.

Re: Powermonger 12/16/2013 02:25 AM CST
Thanks guy. I am aware that you are sick and just got out of the hospital. I posted again so that you are aware of it for when you are feeling better and (AT YOUR LEASURE) can address it. The fix you rolled in before you got sick helped tremendously, but not 100%.

Hope you are back to you normal sunny self quickly.

______
Glenn aka - Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Forging Guru of M'Riss
Re: Powermonger 12/16/2013 09:14 AM CST
Tweaked a few things with maneuvers. Please let me know if you keep seeing glancing. I may need to watch someone while it is happening.

Also would like some more Barbarians to test and report on how easy/hard it is to learn Expertise.

Re: Powermonger 12/16/2013 10:26 AM CST
65thish Barb, using one maneuver per critter and default combos moved Expertise pretty well.

Not sure if you tweaked something but against middle gryphons with 350 weapons, doublestrike one shotted (heh), and so did cleave. Maybe I got lucky. The attacks do tremendous damage. Crash, cleave, doublestrike... So glorious.

I find I don't really use ANALYZE [flame/etc]. If the critter dies while building the combo, you have to start and finish a normal ANALYZE before you can reset the ANALYZE [flame/etc.]. This makes executing them kind of cumbersome. Would it be possible to get repeating ANALYZE FLAME to refresh what's next in the rotation?

ANALYZE FLAME also doesn't really seem to provide much in the way of IF: In active combat, I was 1 tick above my passive regen point after executing ANALYZE FLAME.
Re: Powermonger 12/16/2013 04:46 PM CST
I tested in crossings gargs. I used a SE in my right hand (654 skill) and a HE in my left hand (1041 skill). I alternated doublestrike and cleave. Here is the chat I posted after each attack.

[17:23] Chatter[Magdar] 2 glances on double strike
[17:24] Chatter[Magdar] but learning went to 3/34 for the 2 glances on crossing gargs.
[17:25] Chatter[Magdar] second hit 13/23 and 21/23
[17:25] Chatter[Magdar] Expertise is at 6/34
[17:26] Chatter[Magdar] cleave take it to 7/34
[17:27] Chatter[Magdar] 2 good hits again learning to 9/34
[17:28] Chatter[Magdar] cleave glance learning 12/34
[17:28] Chatter[Magdar] 1 good strike with double strike 15/34
[17:29] Chatter[Magdar] glancing with cleave 16/34 learning
[17:30] Chatter[Magdar] 2 glance doublestrike learning 18/34
[17:30] Chatter[Magdar] cleave 1 glance learning 21/34
[17:31] Chatter[Magdar] 2 glance double strike learning 24/34
[17:31] Chatter[Magdar] 1 hit 23/23 learning 26/34
[17:31] Chatter[Loggrim] mag you might want to email someone all of this, I dont think theres anyone on.
[17:31] Chatter[Magdar] that was cleave
[17:32] Chatter[Magdar] I am going to post the chat log
[17:32] Chatter[Loggrim] coo
[17:32] Chatter[Magdar] 2 good hits doublestrike 27/34
[17:33] Chatter[Magdar] cleave 1 great hit 28/34 learning.
[17:33] Chatter[Magdar] doublestrike 2 good hit 1 miss learning 31/34
[17:34] Chatter[Magdar] cleave great hit 33/34 learning
[17:35] Chatter[Magdar] doublestrike 2 great hits 34/34
[17:35] Chatter[Magdar] done for now.

At the end I was at...

Inner Fire: 912 18% mind lock (34/34)
Expertise: 970 49% mind lock (34/34)
Augmentation: 821 82% mind lock (34/34)

So 12 minutes to lock in an area that only taught the above.

Oh and

You are currently practicing the Monkey Form and will hold focus of it for 1 roisaen.
[17:45] You are currently practicing the Bear Form and will hold focus of it for 50 roisaen.
[17:45] You are currently practicing the Wolverine Form and will hold focus of it for 15 roisaen.

[17:45] *************************
/

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Forging Guru of M'Riss
Re: Powermonger 12/16/2013 04:59 PM CST
Yeah, i'm seeing ~3 tics of Expertise xp for each maneuver.

How's it supposed to scale? I'm a bit surprised Madgar is earning xp for it on crossing gargs with that kind of skill range.
Re: Powermonger 12/16/2013 05:00 PM CST
*Magdar, sorry
Re: Powermonger 12/16/2013 08:54 PM CST

Im seeing three ticks per maneuver for my 80th barb in celps.
Re: Powermonger 12/16/2013 09:45 PM CST
3 ticks may be a bit high. Maneuvers have a bit of a downtime so you have to take into consideration potential drain and weapon swapping annoyances.

Maneuvers should be contesting the enemy defense. Might have to dig into that a bit and see what is up.

Re: Powermonger 12/16/2013 09:59 PM CST
Well keep in mind, my 80th barb misses his cleave and then still has to wait for it to come back around to get three ticks.

I felt like the maneuvers were pretty much in line. The anals maybe taught a little high imo, but that was with my 169th barb, and I really didn't play around with it much.

I hopefully will have some time to test in the next coming days, been swamped hardcore at work, and haven't been able to give test the true attention I want.