A note on scripting. 01/05/2010 05:08 PM CST
It has been over a year, and I am not sure how common posts here will be. I wanted to make note of something because it is troubling.

Today, 120 attribute points and just under 12000 ranks were removed from characters for repeated scripting warnings. That is just TODAY. Those are only the ones I did myself or had done by my orders.

If your scripts loop, change them. If you think you have a foolproof system and will not get caught, you are wrong. Change it. If you already have a warning in the last year, change them now, you have already used your warning, the next will be penalties.

This is a wake-up call.

Sanguious
Re: A note on scripting. 01/05/2010 05:16 PM CST
<< Today, 120 attribute points and just under 12000 ranks were removed from characters for repeated scripting warnings. That is just TODAY. Those are only the ones I did myself or had done by my orders. >>

Nice to know things are still enforced, the way some folks act its easy to get the impression that AFK scripting is largely ignored these days. I highly recommend more frequent posts pointing out such stats!
Re: A note on scripting. 01/05/2010 05:21 PM CST
Everyone come play TF!!!
Re: A note on scripting. 01/05/2010 07:14 PM CST
>>Nice to know things are still enforced, the way some folks act its easy to get the impression that AFK scripting is largely ignored these days. I highly recommend more frequent posts pointing out such stats! <<

And post names. It'd help.

- Mazrian

The Flying Company

The Public Stat Data Project
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkqoUyrmvlKNdGlpeHZacEdldi1Ob2h3M1I5TXpCZVE&hl=en

Re: A note on scripting. 01/05/2010 09:29 PM CST
>>And post names. It'd help.

How? They're likely already on a watch list for GMs. All releasing names would do is encourage the script police.
Re: A note on scripting. 01/05/2010 09:33 PM CST
>>How? They're likely already on a watch list for GMs. All releasing names would do is encourage the script police. <<

Public shame and social stigma can motivate people to reform.

- Mazrian

The Flying Company

The Public Stat Data Project
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkqoUyrmvlKNdGlpeHZacEdldi1Ob2h3M1I5TXpCZVE&hl=en

Re: A note on scripting. 01/05/2010 10:01 PM CST
I don't think there is enough people that could provide enough shame to scripters in DR to make them change. I certaintly wouldn't if any one here tried to shame me for running a script AFK or not AFK.

Arct
Re: A note on scripting. 01/05/2010 10:11 PM CST
<<Public shame and social stigma can motivate people to reform.>>

Ah, to be young and naive again.

Solomon

Fight me:
http://la-bubbita.mybrute.com
Re: A note on scripting. 01/05/2010 10:18 PM CST
<<Public shame and social stigma can motivate people who brag on the boards about getting to 80 in a month without afk-scripting to epic rage-quit when they complain on the boards a week later about being caught afk-scripting as a result of said bragging.>>

ftfy.

I still get a chuckle over that whole situation. It made my year.

-Evran

* Prophet Hotoke Fuku-Nyorai snuck out of the shadow he was hiding in.
Re: A note on scripting. 01/06/2010 03:14 AM CST
>>Public shame and social stigma can motivate people to reform.

Public shame and social stigma become difficult to enforce when they are not present in public to receive said shame or actively part of the society in which their characters script ;).

"I hate you so much right now." -GM Armifer
Re: A note on scripting. 01/06/2010 07:23 AM CST
>>Public shame and social stigma can motivate people to reform.

Because that works so well on the forums....right.
Re: A note on scripting. 01/06/2010 09:09 AM CST
Give them the title "Zombie" for a month. It'll be like the scarlet letter, or something.

It will cost you 444 TDPs to raise your Strength from 99 to 100.
Re: A note on scripting. 01/06/2010 09:37 AM CST
Given the situation right now in Prime, not a good idea to have Zombie as their title. They could be singled out by the Inquisitors by accident. Or by some ambitious cleric who doesn't know about the title and thinks they're undead. Yes I figured you were kidding.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: A note on scripting. 01/06/2010 09:43 AM CST
Actually, I'm thinking that was exactly the point....

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!