Lockouts
30 days
Staff Abuse - 1

60 days
Scripting - 1

Warnings
Language - 2
Scripting - 5

And, as for the best ways to 'splode a fridge, it depends entirely on the kind of fridge. If it's your modern vaccuum seal fridge, your best results would be use of straight explosives. If it's the old school handle latch type (the kind kids used to get killed in) your best way to go about it is the safecrcker technique where you fill it with water then use a much smaller explosive charge to blow the door off (see http://shopping.discovery.com/product-61541.html?rel_productId=61540, and no, I'm not advertising, I have no connection to the Discovery Channel, it is simply the only official link I could find. If you want to see other links that discuss the right episode, Google Mythbusters Crimes Mythdemeanors Safe, and your will get more descriptive links). This method is useless if you are locked inside as a person is more compressible than the water or safe meaning you would just be smushed.

--Sanguious
Re: The Blotter, March 16th 03/22/2007 07:09 PM CDT
>>Staff Abuse - 1

What's this?
Re: The Blotter, March 16th 03/22/2007 07:44 PM CDT
Regardless of what I think of...its always coming out dirty.

Farewell, remorse: all good to me is lost; Evil, be thou my good.
~Paradise Lost (bk. IX, l. 171)
Re: The Blotter, March 16th 03/22/2007 08:01 PM CDT
Probably something like wildly-inappropriate backtalking a la Smelly Cat (ie, very mad, very verbal, possibly already in trouble for a related offense, and unwilling to let things go--in short, a player gone berserk), assuming it's not something like a GM handing off items to personal PCs or using priveleged information (which, of course, would include anything that popped up during an ASSIST or REPORT situation). I don't really expect the latter (especially since we haven't seen any "Where'd he go?" type of posts lately where players gossip about GM dismissal/resignation/etc), but the wording of the charge is a bit ambiguous.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: The Blotter, March 16th 03/22/2007 08:07 PM CDT
Or, crazy thought here. We could wait until a Gm tells us what the definition is.

Marijus' player.

<Reene> VIOLENCE IS ALL I KNOW :(
Re: The Blotter, March 16th 03/22/2007 09:02 PM CDT
>>Or, crazy thought here. We could wait until a Gm tells us what the definition is.

Madness I say!
Re: The Blotter, March 16th 03/22/2007 10:33 PM CDT
but but but J'Lo said it... it must be true...!

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: The Blotter, March 16th 03/23/2007 06:17 PM CDT
And now the new question, "what is staff abuse?"

Everyone has probably seen NEWS 5 13, which basically says we don't insult you, call you names or berate you, don't do it to us. To get suspended for it means it went on way too long, with multiple people. As people who have dealt with me know, I don't care if you swear when I'm talking to you (some other GM's may, but I don't, I know if someone is talking to me, they're likely to be extremely unhappy already, and I think I've been walking around on the ground maybe four or five times in as many years, so if you're dealing with me you're probably in a private room as well) but there is a big line between saying something and directing that at someone.

Staff Abuse, to put it in simple terms, sort of PvP vs a host or GM. It's not physical, so the analogy isn't quite right, but that's the rough idea.

Simply put, the vast majority of the time that people are interacting with staff, they are there to help fix something, explain something, or find out what is going on. They are not there to be berated, belittled, insulted, slammed, or (deragatory verb of your choice). Sometimes people aren't going to like the answer they get from a staff member. That does not give them carte blanche to treat them like something stuck to their shoe after a walk through the cow field.

--Sanguious.