Alternate Characters in the Cell 02/19/2007 11:25 AM CST
Went to check my alternate characters, and every one of them are stuck in the cell, now the primary character I play is just fine but I was wondering if I could get these alt characters free? please? I wrote lockout@simutronics.com as well. Wanna here something even more bizarre? I got these messages in there.

Congratulations Arcareth! You just received your first Role-playing Award under the new metered award system! This message is to notify you, the player, that a GameMaster wants to reward your exceptional roleplaying.

It is important that you type RPA HELP for more information about how to use your award, but remember to not stop role-playing or announce your award, or you risk having it taken away. This warning will not be given to you in the future when you get additional awards.

Congratulations Arcareth! You just received a role-playing award! Don't forget to review the RPA verb for how to use your award.

Got Body Parts?
Re: Alternate Characters in the Cell 02/19/2007 12:29 PM CST
Is it the first time you've logged in with them in while? If so they may have just gotten a universal rpa that was tagged for every character.

Calissa's player
Re: Alternate Characters in the Cell 02/19/2007 12:30 PM CST
Sounds like a likely suspect for one of the hammerings Solomon was talking about. Then again, who's to say?

Gladiator Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Alternate Characters in the Cell 02/19/2007 12:36 PM CST
>Sounds like a likely suspect for one of the hammerings Solomon was talking about. Then again, who's to say?

KAJAGOOGOO plays in Plat, where we may or may not even get to experience the event. I doubt he even plays Prime, but in the event that he does, he is not the sort of person that would disrupt a roleplaying event. One of the more avid roleplayers that I know, actually.

Fuquois
Re: Alternate Characters in the Cell 02/19/2007 12:37 PM CST
Though let me say I would thoroughly enjoy the hilarity of someone being locked out for disruption of a roleplaying event... yet recieving an RPA while in limbo.

Fuquois
Re: Alternate Characters in the Cell 02/19/2007 02:28 PM CST
Thanks Fuquios! no I wasnt in prime for the ball so this has nothing to do with disrupting anyone or anything..

Thank you Sang for releasing most of my characters... missed Kerlep though... he's kinda a jerk but I dont think he still deserves to be caged.

Got Body Parts?
Re: Alternate Characters in the Cell 02/19/2007 03:20 PM CST
Likely, your alts were locked out in retribution for this:

>You have severely stiff and shriveled skin that seems to be peeling off the body.
>shouldnt this be considered some sort of armor.... please!

Fuquois
Re: Alternate Characters in the Cell 02/19/2007 04:39 PM CST
Or crimes against the rakash....
Re: Alternate Characters in the Cell 02/19/2007 04:50 PM CST
Without confirming or denying any characters that may or may not have been or been in the cell... Here's a note on some of the procedural aspects of lockouts.

First, the game and billing systems do not operate the same way. The game does things in milliseconds, and keeps track of them to the same level, so if you have a character that get locked out for 30 days at 8:47am, it will handle your release to the second. The billing system (the thing that charges your cards, bank accounts, gifts of adventure, etc.) operates on a daily basis with the billing department able to do some things that act immediately (opening accounts, closing, that sort of thing) and others that have to wait until overnight (actually charging cards, any automated process).

What that means for lockouts is, accounts are either on automatic or manual releases. Either way, the release or consideration date is the first full day after the in game portion of the lockout expires. Why? Because if there is a listed lockout, and you log in a character, that character gets moved to the cell. If you have multiple characters, they get moved one by one until you stop logging in characters, or you run out of ones which aren't in the cell. That would be bad.

So why the first day after? The system looks at characters logging into the cell and says, "are you cleared for release?" If the answer is yes, it releases them, and then removes the release, so if there's a second character, they'll be stuck until someone does a manual release, like I may or may not have done for characters which may or may not have been or not been in the cell this morning that may or may not have been locked out for reasons that would not be discussed even to the extent of not saying whether any of this even happened.

Anyway, that's how it works, and if there are questions about this I will give you the best answer I may or may not have.

--Sanguious
Re: Alternate Characters in the Cell 02/19/2007 09:28 PM CST
Sang, your taking vague lessons from Riel and Shalnhh again huh.

(ps. Yes I know Shalnhh doesn't work on DR anymore, and I can't even recall if I spelled that particular GM's name correctly, its been a while).
Re: Alternate Characters in the Cell 02/20/2007 12:31 AM CST
I think his post was an application to be the teacher in the GM training class 'Speaking in Vaugisms'

Got Body Parts?
Re: Alternate Characters in the Cell 02/20/2007 07:43 AM CST
I think he said that if you are stuck due to billing issues and get one character released the system might then decide it's done for the day and leave the rest of your characters stuck until they are manually released? I'm not sure though. He should run for office someplace, and I'm in serious need of more coffee.

_____
Mists and Magic, Ocean Breezes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.