Is this possible in CmudPro 2.37? 04/21/2009 03:13 AM CDT
What I eventually want to do is to have a few button set up down near the compass I have made. These buttons will be simple toggles.

For example, button one (state one) could toggle a class off. Of course state two would toggle it on. This much I know is doable since that is how I have my powerwalking setup.

I would like to have a class for each button. For intance, a "Drag" class. Perhaps another that is for appraising when swimming and yet another for sneaking.

There are a few things that I am unsure of.

Is it possible to have a seperate set of macro's assigned inside each class and have them only activate when that class is active? Will these macros then override the defaults setup for my keypad directional keys when activated?
Re: Is this possible in CmudPro 2.37? 04/21/2009 04:57 PM CDT
Active only when the class is active? Yes.

Override the defaults found in the English Keypad package? Sorta. Scoping applies more strictly in CMud, so a window has the focus it will look for a macro defined within that sphere first before looking outwards towards other modules and packages.

One thing you'll need to watch out for is in more complicated setups where you have multiple macros for the same key. If more than one of the macros for this same key is active, only the one with the lowest priority will execute.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Is this possible in CmudPro 2.37? 04/21/2009 05:33 PM CDT
Would it be possible to disable the default numberpad keyset via a toggle?

Say that I make a set for dragging a corpse. I would make a toggle to enable|disable the class that contains the "drag" macro set. Could I then throw a command into one of the buttons states that would then dissable the default number pad macro set?
Re: Is this possible in CmudPro 2.37? 04/22/2009 12:12 AM CDT
>>Say that I make a set for dragging a corpse. I would make a toggle to enable|disable the class that contains the "drag" macro set. Could I then throw a command into one of the buttons states that would then dissable the default number pad macro set?

There's absolutely no reason to do this.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Is this possible in CmudPro 2.37? 06/21/2009 01:58 PM CDT
>> Would it be possible to disable the default numberpad keyset via a toggle?

>>>Say that I make a set for dragging a corpse. I would make a toggle to enable|disable the class that contains the "drag" macro set. Could I then throw a command into one of the buttons states that would then dissable the default number pad macro set

This may be a bit late, but-

There is no need to be that complicated. This can be easily achieved by created a NEW macro. I.e. #9 = NORTHEAST. But apply a few simple if statemants

if @drag != (\a+) then NE ELSE drag @drag NE

or if @steath = 1 then sneak NE else NE

And then drag = Bob would cause your keypad to start dragging bob. And then setting up HIDE triggers to set @stealth to 0/1. Unfortunately there is no XML front end for CMUD so you will be unable to use the XML stream to manage these variables. It supports XML, but you would essentially need to build the system from scratch. It supports some GSL variables but not many.

Words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.

- Lord Byron