Zmud, Gwethspeak, and Blind players. 12/30/2007 11:14 PM CST
I met a blind person today that was having some difficulty using Zmud with Jaws because of the excessive gweth chat in game. It just spams spoken words constantly as the gweth chat all goes into the main window. Obvious solutions include removing the gweth and/or moving out of town.. but as a newcomer that can be difficult. Wearing and removing the gweth is another solution, but can be very expensive in the long run.

Ideally Zmud would put all the text into another window where the user could selectively enable or disable the text to speech. Another alternative would be squelching it. The one blind person I spoke with mentioned Zmud double echos squelched text which causes a lot of problems with Jaws.

I'm really not very familiar with Zmud so if anyone could give me some help I'd appreciate it. Also if anyone knows of other blind players, this player would be interested in finding out what has worked best for them. Feel free to email me if posting contact info is not appropriate. Thanks in advance for any help with resolving this!

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: Zmud, Gwethspeak, and Blind players. 12/31/2007 06:21 PM CST
test = %gsl( C)
#gagon
#c+ "Thought"
#echo @test
#c-
#gagoff
Re: Zmud, Gwethspeak, and Blind players. 12/31/2007 06:24 PM CST
#TRIGGER "familiar" {mind hears (%w) thinking} {
test = %gsl( C)
#gagon
#c+ "Thought"
#echo @test
#c-
#gagoff
} "" {gsl}

sorry, that's the gweth gag capture//puts it in the window "thought"
Re: Zmud, Gwethspeak, and Blind players. 01/01/2008 12:53 AM CST
If I wasn't drunk, and if Zmud script made any sense to me under normal conditions (it doesn't) I might understand this. Regardless I will forward it on to the blind players with the hope it can help them. Thank you so much :P

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: Zmud, Gwethspeak, and Blind players. 01/01/2008 08:21 AM CST
They may still get the gwethspeak, that just isolates the gweth info into its own window.
Re: Zmud, Gwethspeak, and Blind players. 11/17/2008 05:43 PM CST
or another way, just to show there's several ways of doing this

#TRIGGER {^Your mind hears (%x) thinking, ~"(*)~"$} {
#gag
#win thought %concat( %time( "h:nn:ss:am/pm "), "%1", " - ~"", "%2", "~"")
}